PDA

View Full Version : FreeStuff Offer from Don Farr

Don Farr
11-07-2003, 6:35 PM
Hi Keith,
As you may know I run a small business. We service mostly industrial accounts like plastic plants, bakery's, and printing company's. Almost a year ago we ordered some casters (four cases) for a bakery that we were doing business with. Unfortunately they went bankrupt (like many of my customers in the last year) before we made delivery of the casters.
They were a special order and they could not be returned. I have been trying to find a good use for them, and I saw a really nice plan for a lumber rack in the latest Woodworkers Journal that called for 6 casters.
Well, a light bulb went off and I thought I would like to build that, and I also thought that I would still have some casters left over. So I thought of SMC.
They are large heavy duty casters (6" X 2") made by Colson casters. They do not have brakes :( but if you think they would be a good free stuff item then I would gladly donate six of them to SMC.) and I will ship them to the winner. I will attach a picture of some of the casters so you will have an idea what I am talking about. It will not hurt my feelings if you think it is not appropriate.
If you respond this weekend please do so by this thread or my home e-mail address which is the LOML address ree@dcindustrial.com . I will not be back in the office to check my regular e-mail until Monday morning at 7 am.
Thanks for all you guys do to keep SMC up and running, with my small business and only seven work stations, I can only begin to understand what a job it is.

Keith Outten
11-07-2003, 7:50 PM
Don,

I think the castors are a great idea, I build lots of carts and stands for equipment in my workshop and have purchased lots of castors. I've seen lots of pictures of carts our members have built so a FreeStuff Drawing for castors it is.....thanks Don.

I'll post a message tomorrow.

Bruce Page
11-07-2003, 8:41 PM
Don, I would love to win a set of those HD castors! FYI, industrial castors like that can usually be retrofitted with brakes, if the lucky winner so chooses.

Ted Shrader
11-07-2003, 10:31 PM
Don -

Very cool! Great idea, thanks for the offer.

Hope I win,
Ted

John Miliunas
11-07-2003, 10:52 PM
Awesome, Don! You've got my own "wheels" spinnin' on what I could do with a set like that! Thanks for the contribution! :cool:

Don Farr
11-08-2003, 6:00 AM
GREAT! It's a done deal then. The winner can have his or her pick of fixed or swivel or any combination. Keith, Just let me know if I need to do anything.

I may need to add that I will ship them free to anyone within the US. I forget sometimes how SMC is growing around the world.

Kevin Gerstenecker
11-08-2003, 7:36 AM
Fantastic donation Don, thank you! Good Casters like these are great to have for any project, and as one who has several mobile cabinets in my shop, I know the value of a good quality caster. I look forward to winning these in the next Free Stuff Drawing! :D (I can dream, can't I?) ;)

David Klug
11-08-2003, 3:25 PM
That's a terrific donation Don. I know that I'm always going out and buying some. In fact I'm building a roll around cabinet and I'll be picking up 6 more for that project.

Dave

Ken Salisbury
11-09-2003, 10:37 AM
I think the casters would be a great give-away item. The only problem I see with it is - as a member of the SMC Staff I am not eligible to win them. Thanks for the offer Don ! !

Daniel Rabinovitz
11-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Don
Thanks for your donation, it's very knid of you.
A man close to my mobileness.
Daniel
ps Hope I win!

mike malone
11-09-2003, 4:59 PM
Hi Keith,
As you may know I run a small business. We service mostly industrial accounts like plastic plants, bakery's, and printing company's. Almost a year ago we ordered some casters (four cases) for a bakery that we .

hey don
very nice item!!!...man can never have too many casters
regards
mike

David Blangger
11-09-2003, 6:13 PM
Don,

That is a generous offer. In my limited shop area everything has to be on wheels except me;)

Bryan Nuss
11-09-2003, 7:12 PM
Thanks for the generous donation, Don. Much appreciated by all of us, I'm certain.

They would serve quite well under the lumber rack I would build for them! ;)

Bryan

Bob Hill
11-13-2003, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the useful donation, Don. Now just in case I don't win, How much for 4 of them...........LOL :cool: