PDA

View Full Version : maintenance on a hitachi scms

Stephen Sebed
11-07-2003, 6:14 PM
I bought a Hitachi C10FS 10" scms last spring when they on clearance at Lowes. I have been using to remodel my basement and I am nearly done with that now. The saw will only get occasional usage after I'm done. I would like to know what I should do to keep this saw in tip-top shape.

Thanks,
Stephen

Jim DeLaney
11-07-2003, 7:02 PM
I've got the CF8 - the 8½" predecessor to yours. I've had it for about fifteen years, now and have to admit I've done virtually no maintenance to it other than keeping it clean. It's been a real workhorse, and has cut a lot of stock. In fact, it's my 'primary' crosscutting saw, having replaced my RAS. I did have to replace the clear plastic guard because a short cutoff got caught between it and the blade, cracking the guard. I just did that a few weeks ago. That's the only 'repair' that I've ever made to it.

So, my advise is just to clean it up, put a dust cover over it, and ignore it between uses.

YMMV...

Ken Salisbury
11-09-2003, 10:11 AM
I would like to know what I should do to keep this saw in tip-top shape.
Thanks,
Stephen

Steven - I am sure you will get some good advise from our members on this issue.

It should be noted - the SMC Terms of Service (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/terms.php)require both a real first and last name to be a bonifide member. Please e-mail me (ken@oldrebelworkshop.com)the information and I will have your profile updated accordingly.