PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Bungee Cord Scoring blade belt

Joe Foggia
12-09-2006, 9:56 PM
I bought a used Griggio Sliding table saw that uses a strechable belt for the scoring blade. I have talked to the distributor for the US and they can't identify the model and have not been any help withthe belt. Does anyone know of a supplier for this type of belt. Thanks, Joe

Paul Canaris
12-10-2006, 7:24 AM
Writing to the manufacturer would do it.

Owning foreign machines I have had to do this, there are some free language translation programs on the web that make this easy. And while you’re at it, let the manufacturer know that the distributor is not doing a good job representing their interests.

Joe Foggia
12-10-2006, 6:11 PM
According to the distributer he has been in contact several times and the factory does not recognize the model number. Sure sounds fishy to me. I was hoping that someone could direct me to a belt supplier for this odd belt.

Steve Clardy
12-10-2006, 7:40 PM
Double check your model#.
Maybe it is no longer made.
Manf. may have to do some digging if the records are stored away

Alan Turner
12-11-2006, 6:29 AM
Joe,
Scary, in Baltimore, I think is a dealer for Griggio. I have found them to be helpful.

Rick Lizek
12-11-2006, 8:49 AM
A good power transmission place should be able to help. We have a Griggio slider with scoring and getting original parts takes longer and costs more in the long run. I can usually find alternate sources and means to get it running faster than the dealers could ever respond to. Our's is a metric v-belt similar to what we have on the main drive. Flat belts are fairly commonly found on other brands. www.mcmaster.com (http://www.mcmaster.com) carries round type belts.