PDA

View Full Version : Christmas came a little early in Phoenix

Brett Baldwin
12-09-2006, 7:29 PM
I don't consider myself a "biker" but I do ride to work everyday and I don't own a four wheeled vehicle that's legal for the street so its a little murky as to the proper term. Maybe in the broadest sense of the word. Anyway, after a bungled attempt to steal my rice-burner left it in even worse looking shape than 8 yrs of Phoenix sunshine, I decided it was past time for an "upgrade" in my mode of transportation. A few things fell in place nicely and the path to my new ride was a smooth one. The only hiccup was that I had to drive 35 miles to get my new machine but I think you'll agree it was well worth it.
This is a 2007 Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide. 96ci engine and 6 speed transmission, deep cobalt pearl and pretty much stock as I wanted to have it for a while to choose the right touches. The only thing I knew I was going to change was the front fender but it won't be in for several weeks so I'll post pictures of that change when I get it. It is a great ride and much more nimble than I expected. I've had it for a week and I've already scraped the floorboards on the pavement.

Roger Everett
12-09-2006, 8:00 PM
Brett;
Any day of the year is a good day for a Christmas present, even from you to you. That is one sharp looking ride, and in my favorite color. I'm green with envy, enjoy, and keep it locked up tight when you're not on it.
Roger

John Miliunas
12-09-2006, 8:26 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....The words of the LOML keep coming back to me. When we moved here, they were: "Well, you can get your Harley. OR, you can get all that other equipment for your woodshop. NOT both." Guess I'll turn around and give my DJ-20 a pat on the infeed table! :D You're a lucky man, Brett! That's a gorgeous scooter. Enjoy. (Yeah. Like I really need to tell you that, huh?:p ) :cool:

Dennis Peacock
12-09-2006, 8:29 PM
Brett,

Very nice "ride" you got there. Enjoy it, be SAFE, and Merry Christmas early to you and the family.

Brett Baldwin
12-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks guys. I figured there would be more than a few here who would appreciate it.

Roger since I don't have a garage, the first thing I did (after cleaning and waxing an already shiny bike:D) is drill a hole in my driveway and concrete back in a 1/2 inch thick eye-bolt so that I can chain it up every night. (There is a glimpse of the top of it in the first photo straight down from the front wheel) I cover it with a generic motorcycle cover too so it attracts less attention. I also got the factory alarm with a pager that is right next to my bed every night. My Beretta is nearby also;) .

John, I could just barely fit a DJ-20 in my shop and then I wouldn't have room to work so I went with this. I'll be sending out the those "good vibrations" that riding a Harley produces. If you get a warm, fuzzy feeling about 7am MT, that'll be those....or maybe your pet is just getting frisky again:D .

Dennis, thanks. I have to be safe because the rest of the drivers here sure aren't.

Happy Holidays to you all.

Karl Laustrup
12-10-2006, 8:11 AM
Sweet ride Brett.

I'd really like to see a pic when you have it hooked up to your boat for towing. ;) :eek: :D You must have some really long extensions for your side view mirrors. :eek: :D

Karl

Frank Chaffee
12-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Terrific bike Brett! And you sure have the best state to ride it in, too.

I don't consider myself a "biker"…]
So that means you are not one of those responsible for the noise ordinances in Carefree and Cave Creek?

Go fast, be safe.
Frank

Brett Baldwin
12-10-2006, 3:48 PM
It wasn't me Frank. Loud pipes might save lives but good driving does it better. But I've put a few back at Harolds and I did a lot of work around that area when I was roofing.

Kurt Strandberg
12-10-2006, 4:25 PM
It wasn't me Frank. Loud pipes might save lives but good driving does it better. But I've put a few back at Harolds and I did a lot of work around that area when I was roofing.

Might is the better word but I still don't think they do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/kurtsara/612e1740.jpg

Robert Mickley
12-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Sweet ride Brett.

I'd really like to see a pic when you have it hooked up to your boat for towing. ;) :eek: :D You must have some really long extensions for your side view mirrors. :eek: :D

Karl

Just what I was thinking :D

nice ride

Robert Mickley
12-10-2006, 10:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/kurtsara/612e1740.jpg

Because they are on the tracks? :D

Brad Schmid
12-13-2006, 4:53 PM
Very nice Brett, love the color!
I'm a daily rider too. Rain, cold, it doesn't matter... There's just something about being on the bike (you know what I mean). Not to mention 1 gal of gas a day versus 5 in the truck! And loud pipes, well... let's just say I like loud pipes:D But, I'm not a jerk about it.

And cagers on cell phones... don't get me started:mad:

Enjoy!