PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen I just Finished

Jay Brewer
12-09-2006, 7:27 PM
I thought I would post some pics of a kitchen I finished today.
This was a reface, everything is new except the boxes, which were in good shape, its a little dusty, and the tile guy has to do the backsplash. Thanks for looking

This is the wall oven before

Wall Oven after

Island Before

And After

Sink

Jay Brewer
12-09-2006, 7:33 PM
Some more pics

My saw

frank shic
12-09-2006, 7:48 PM
very nice, jay. did you build the extended raised panel for the oven cabinet yourself?

Jamie Buxton
12-09-2006, 8:19 PM
Tell us some more about the process of refacing. Are you wrapping the cabinets (for instance the wall-oven cabinet) with new frame-and-panel surfaces? If there's new face frames on the fronts, what do you see when you open the doors -- the edge of the new face frame, and behind it the edge of the old face frame? Are the doors and drawer fronts new? How 'bout the drawer boxes and slides? Can you do your finishing in the shop, or do you have to do it on-site?

Jay Brewer
12-09-2006, 9:34 PM
Tell us some more about the process of refacing. Are you wrapping the cabinets (for instance the wall-oven cabinet) with new frame-and-panel surfaces? If there's new face frames on the fronts, what do you see when you open the doors -- the edge of the new face frame, and behind it the edge of the old face frame? Are the doors and drawer fronts new? How 'bout the drawer boxes and slides? Can you do your finishing in the shop, or do you have to do it on-site?

The cabinets were frameless, (thermofoil) . I added face frames, to cover the white edges, I built all the doors, panels, drawers and drawer front. I do all the finishing at the shop

The biggest challenge is everything has to be fitted at the site, onto a cabinets I didnt build. The family didnt want to change the layout of the kitchen, so we all agreed that refacing would be best. Thanks

Travis Porter
12-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Like the cabinets, but I LOVE THE SAW!!

Jason Tuinstra
12-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Turned out great, Jay. That's quite the undertaking. Everything looks first rate. I like the countertop as well. Excellent choices throughout. Good job.

Brad Hammond
12-10-2006, 12:21 AM
great great job!!!!!!!!!

lou sansone
12-10-2006, 6:13 AM
nice work on the kitchen
how do you like the tiger stop on the slider ?

lou

Jay Brewer
12-10-2006, 6:47 AM
nice work on the kitchen
how do you like the tiger stop on the slider ?

lou

Hi Lou, I love the Tiger fence, very accurate, easy to use and learn. My production went up when I purchased it, not to mention it got a little old walking around the sliding table to adjust the fence. Thanks

Anthony Anderson
12-10-2006, 9:15 AM
Jay, The cabinets look amazing. Outstanding Job! What type of wood and which stain did you use on this project? I love the look. Your clients must be thrilled. Regards, Bill

Jay Brewer
12-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Jay, The cabinets look amazing. Outstanding Job! What type of wood and which stain did you use on this project? I love the look. Your clients must be thrilled. Regards, Bill

Thanks for the kind words. the wood is hard maple, the finish is all Target coatings, Seal Coat, sand, sprayed toner of Trans Tint Med. Brown w/ Target CV, dark brown glaze, then 2 coats satin CV, thanks again.

frank shic
12-10-2006, 12:02 PM
jay, what's your set-up for those raised panel doors? shapers? wide belt/profile/edge sander?

Jay Brewer
12-10-2006, 2:28 PM
jay, what's your set-up for those raised panel doors? shapers? wide belt/profile/edge sander?

Hi Frank, I start the doors w/ 13/16" stock from the lumber yard
-Rip stock to 2.550
-Cut to finished length
-Wide belt on edge to 2.500
-Cut Rail and Stile pattern

the panels are glued up
-Wide Belt sand to .780
-cut to final size
-Run Panel Raiser w/undercutter

Once glued up it goes though the wide belt to level the joints, edge sander , edge profile, and 1 more pass through the wide belt w/220grit. Thanks