PDA

View Full Version : Closing in on a finish

Mike Keating
11-07-2003, 3:10 PM
Hi all,

I am getting close to finishing the kitchen table my wife asked for a couple months ago. I am making the project out of solid white oak. I am using 16/4 for the legs and then 6/4 for the rails and top. I have the bottom completed, just sanding let to do. And the top just needs the breadboard edge placed on. I am hoping to get this done on Saturday, at least the rest of the construction and start on the sanding. Let me know what you think so far.
Also you can see my new 15 inch planer seperating the base and the top.

Mike Keating

Mike Keating
11-07-2003, 3:12 PM
Sorry forgot to add the pictures. :rolleyes:

Mike Keating

Joe Tonich
11-07-2003, 9:46 PM
Hi all,

I am getting close to finishing the kitchen table my wife asked for a couple months ago. I am making the project out of solid white oak. I am using 16/4 for the legs and then 6/4 for the rails and top. I have the bottom completed, just sanding let to do. And the top just needs the breadboard edge placed on. I am hoping to get this done on Saturday, at least the rest of the construction and start on the sanding. Let me know what you think so far.
Also you can see my new 15 inch planer seperating the base and the top.

Mike Keating

Mike,

Sneaky little stealth gloat there! :D That table looks like it will be real sturdy. I've been looking at diff. designs as I'm gonna have to make one within the next year or so. Was wondering how the top is going to be installed. It looks like the the top of the legs are above the rails. Is the top going to be notched to fit between the legs?

Joe

Mike Keating
11-09-2003, 10:38 AM
Joe,

Thanks for the reply, I thought it would be a nice stealth gloat. :D

The top will have a breadboard edge and will have notches cut into the corners so the posts sit fluch with the top. And it will all rest in the rails and stiles of the frame. I am going to drill holes into the bottom of the rails and stiles and attach with screws. I still have to attach the corner blocks to the base to stiffen up the corners abit.

Mike