PDA

View Full Version : Contactors, relays ...where to buy ?

Bruce Gray
12-09-2006, 11:46 AM
There have been many posts on various shop remote control, or power control, projects ...and some of these have pointed to sources for the relays, contactors, starters needed. One such source had the word 'automation' in the name, and looked like a good source to me. They carried everthing from small relays to big VFDs.

However, now that I have an immediate need, my too-fuzzy memory is failing me. And an archive search was overwhelming and fruitless. So, can anyone identify the vendor I described, or any other good source ?

Thanks, Bruce

Jim Becker
12-09-2006, 11:57 AM
I bought my contactor for the cyclone at my local electrical supply house.

scott spencer
12-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Ebay is likely to have parts like that, so is Mouser Electronics, a supply place I hit up for some parts recently...great selection and pricing.

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=home

Bryan Somers
12-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Any electrical supply house will have or can get what you need.

Jim O'Dell
12-09-2006, 3:15 PM
I got mine at Grainger. Luckily we have one of their places here locally, and I can drive to get it without too much trouble. Decent pricing and good brand (SquareD). Didn't try the electrical supply house close to me. Bought cable there, but didn't ask about contactors. Jim.

Ken Garlock
12-09-2006, 5:10 PM
Ebay is likely to have parts like that, so is Mouser Electronics, a supply place I hit up for some parts recently...great selection and pricing.

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=home

I second Mouser. They will sell you any quantity you want, from 1 up. They are located in Mansfield Texas, south of Fort Worth.

Steve Clardy
12-09-2006, 7:03 PM
Grainger. I've got an account there.

Steve Rowe
12-09-2006, 7:09 PM
I have ordered these type of items from:
Automation Direct (automationdirect.com)
and
Mouser

Both have excellent service.
Steve

lou sansone
12-09-2006, 8:30 PM
automation direct has pretty decent stuff ( I grew up on AB and still use a lot of their servo stuff) but for general contactors and things like that Automation direct is fine.

Bruce Wrenn
12-09-2006, 11:33 PM
If Surplus Center has what you need, it is hard to beat their prices. Also look a HVAC supply house, especially Johnstone Supply. They stock contactors in many styles and coil voltages. Grainger is another source. Over the years, I have used all three.