PDA

View Full Version : Different Topic????

Travis Lavallee
12-09-2006, 1:20 AM
Here's a question, I don't know how much conversation it will generate, but I will ask it just to see.

I was just wondering what everyone does to personalize their work, or identify it as their own after it has left the shop. I have seen some interesting ideas such as the medallions used by John Fry.

So, what do you do?????

Dick Rowe
12-09-2006, 6:35 AM
Most people can immediately recognize my work by all the mistakes I make ... over and over :eek:

Actually I have one of those electric branding iron devices (think I bought it through Rocklers). Not as fancy as the medallions, but better than writing the info on the project with a Sharpee.

Bill Arnold
12-09-2006, 7:27 AM
I've been using an electric branding iron. Going forward, I plan to make medallions by using some thin slices of various woods, branding them and attaching one or two to a project.

David Duke
12-09-2006, 7:35 AM
I mainly use medallions that I had laser engraved, they work great on larger pieces but on smaller ones they are to intrusive (1.375" OD). I also have a branding iron but have never really cared for it, guess I need to learn to write better and engrave my signigture.

John Buzzurro
12-09-2006, 8:27 AM
I bought an electric branding iron from Rockler, but never used it. I'm waiting till I actually make something worth putting my name on. :)

Glen Blanchard
12-09-2006, 9:51 AM
I mainly use medallions that I had laser engraved.

Where can one purchase laser engraved medallions?

Nancy Laird
12-09-2006, 10:58 AM
We do them on our laser of self-stick veneer. PM me and we can discuss.

See also this thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=28326 to find someone nearer to you. I'm sure there are some Dallas-area engravers who are doing this work.

Nancy

Guy Germaine
12-09-2006, 11:10 AM
I use a rubber "Newfy" stamp and then sign my name and the date the project was finished.

Gary Breckenridge
12-09-2006, 1:12 PM
I brand everything, even prototypes that are going into the fireplace.

Jim Becker
12-09-2006, 6:31 PM
Electric branding iron...when I remember to use it!

everett lowell
12-09-2006, 6:57 PM
I use a rubber "Newfy" stamp and then sign my name and the date the project was finished.Whats a newfy stamp?:confused: