PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Wagon

Bernie Weishapl
12-08-2006, 6:00 PM
Well most of my time has been spent on the turning forum this year learning to turn. I turned my son and DIL a 10 piece mahogany salad bowl set for Christmas this year. I also just got done with some flat work in which I made the grandson a wooden wagon like I had when I was a boy. It stands 14" tall is 34" long and 15 3/4" wide. It is made with ash some maple and pine. It is primed and painted with metal wood paint. Grandpa is pretty happy how it turned out and will be there Christmas Eve to present it to him. It will be our first Christmas we will spend together. The kids moved to Richmond just before he was born 3 yrs. ago. So we are excited. Let me know what ya think.

Jim Becker
12-08-2006, 6:21 PM
Wow...you did a great job on that wagon, Bernie! Nice!! The grandson is a very lucky guy!

Barry Stratton
12-08-2006, 6:51 PM
Great job Grandpa!!! That is sure to be a hit!

Mike Leigh
12-08-2006, 7:10 PM
Hi!
Can I ask you where you got the wagon's wheels and metal axles?
Did you pull off another wagon or were you able to buy them new?
Thanks Much!
I'm thinking about making a similiar wagon like that and donating it.

Bob Noles
12-08-2006, 8:08 PM
WOW Bernie, that turned out even better than I had pictured. He is going to love it!

I have got tgo keep this picture away from Susan as I already told you or I'll be out there making one 2 years before he needs is :eek:

Very nice job, buddy... very nice!

Steve Schlumpf
12-08-2006, 8:14 PM
Bernie, wonderful wagon! Your grandson is going to love it! The best part is that you will be there in person to give it to your grandson. What more could you ask for?

Corey Hallagan
12-08-2006, 9:10 PM
Boy it looks beautiful all assembled and ready to go. You did awesome my friend. He will love it!

Corey

Mel Reed
12-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Very good looking wagon Bernie.
Mel Reed:)

Bernie Weishapl
12-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. It was fun to build and made a modification or two but overall I was pleased. I think the grandson will like it.