PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's?

Bob Lasley
11-07-2003, 9:16 AM
Good Friday Morning Everyone,

Fall has finally arrived in Okieland. Got down to freezing briefly this morning. After all the 85 degree days we've had, folks around here think they are going to freeze to death! :eek:

I am doing a demo on routers tomorrow at the local "toy store" and then barring any unforseen circumstances, should have a fair amount of shop time this weekend. I've been lucky to be in the shop every night this week and have made good progress on my christmas projects.

So, what flavor of sawdust are you making this weekend?

Have a great weekend,
Bob

Scott Coffelt
11-07-2003, 10:19 AM
Building doors and drawer fronts for the entertainement center. May also start on the bridge pieces and trim to go around the big-screen.

Hopefully buying a new BBQ grill, can't decide if I should spend the extra money and get a stainless with the good burners, grates, etc. I get tired of uneven cooking and the dang burners and crud wearing out on the cheapo's. Still like to use charcoal, but during the week I just don't have that kind of time to wait for it to heat up to get dinner started.

The wife and I finally get a date weekend, got a baby sitter for the youngin' and its dinner and a show. May have to get her all romantic'd up or somethin'...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Trying to stay warm, been in the 2o's and low 30's at night this week, man is it cold when you are used to the warmer weather.

Terry Hatfield
11-07-2003, 10:42 AM
Hello everyone,

Well, tonite is senior nite at SHS. SHS will end up being a 3 seed in the playoff's, so we are going to have to travel for every playoff game. Payton will be stepping onto the home field for the last time tonite. Seems like only yesterday he was 5 years old.

Hopefully I will get some time on Saturday or Sunday to get the new router table top and fence finished. Katie has been doing some scrollsaw work. Hopefully she will get some more done over the weekend. I'll post some pics of her goodies.

Everyone have a safe and fun weekend,

Terry

Kevin Gerstenecker
11-07-2003, 10:52 AM
Need to pull some Landscape Rock and Low Voltage lighting out of the way for the Concrete Contractors so they don't trash the Landscaping too bad when we get the new Driveway poured in a week or so. Also, getting geared up to start turning Pens on the Mini Lathe. I cut some blanks and got the Tubes glued in them, so now it is wait until the glue dries before I can try my hand at Pens. Other than that, some misc. shop time...............no telling what will come out of that this weekend! :D Have a great weekend all......... :)

Mark Valsi
11-07-2003, 11:54 AM
I'm going to the WoodWork show at the Orange County Fairgrounds down in Costa Mesa.

Will probably stop at a wood store some where to get some more wood

mark

Tom Sweeney
11-07-2003, 12:21 PM
I usually loaf around for a few hours Sat morning watching the boob tube & drinking coffee. This weekend I'm going to make a concerted effort to get my shop straightened up & somewhat organized. I'm also going to make a shop made sharpening jig for my turning tools.

Get this - LOML has said she might want to learn how to turn :cool:
She said I had to clean the shop before she comes in though - HMM - maybe I should keep it messy - that's my domain out there darn it! Wait if she likes turning we might need to get a better lathe - wait if we get a better lathe she might want to use it all the time - decisions decisions - :D

A family get together splits my day Saturday so I will hopefully finish the sharpening jig(s) on Sunday, after Church of course. If there is any time left there is a bowl sitting on the lathe waiting for a sharp gouge to finish it with.

If I get the shop organized I need to gear up to turn out some Christmas gifts in the very near future.

Have a Great Weekend everyone!

Dennis Peacock
11-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Hello Bob.....

I'm going to try and spend some time in the shop this weekend. The In-Law will be leaving tomorrow...so I can get back in the shop. I will still be working on this CD cabinet. I also hope to do a little turning and practicing with my new scrapers and such I got from Lee Valley. I bought the "works" from them on scrapers.....several scrapers, the holder, sharpener, multi-burnisher.....well...you get the idea. I never knew just how much of a difference that scrapers can make..!!!!!!

Anybody know where I can buy a replacement lathe tool rest for my Jet 1236? I broke mine and I don't want to spend $60 on a new fancy "modular" setup.......I just need a flippin tool rest......

Todd Burch
11-07-2003, 1:00 PM
We're having a neighborhood garage sale this weekend, and I have a bunch of junk I need to offload. I use Ebay as leverage now - telling people I'll sell it on Ebay if they don't want to pay my price. It's been working - especially on the "what could be considered" collectible stuff.

If it warms up later Saturday, I'll shoot the 3rd and final coat of lacquer on some cherry cabinets before I assemble them. Saturday evening, friends are coming over to eat.

Sunday, Church and relax. Probably work on some bids too. Todd.

Byron Trantham
11-07-2003, 2:26 PM
Making a bunch of various things for Christmas. Six picture frames, a samll shelf with galley rail, a disply frame for an original confederate $500 bill and three magnetized hangers for a kitchen tool.

I just finsihed the inital realease of my new web site WoodDreams (http://www.wooddreams.net) . I hope you guys take a look and let me know how to improve it.

mike malone
11-07-2003, 3:21 PM
Good Friday Morning Everyone,
I am doing a demo on routers tomorrow at the local "toy store" and then barring any unforseen circumstances, should have a fair amount of shop time this weekend. I've been lucky to be in the shop every night this week and have made good progress on my christmas projects.
So, what flavor of sawdust are you making this weekend?

hi bob
i made the attached 18c quebec pine armoire for LOML last christmas and now both my sons and their respective wives want one, so i have to pound out another two before christmas. I was hoping to get started on the restoration of a PM90 lathe that i've had here for a while, but i guess that'll have to wait.

enjoy the cold...and watch your fingers at the demo tomorrow.
mike
in charred, but sunny calif

John Miliunas
11-07-2003, 11:26 PM
Need to tear down, help move and setup my old Delta TS, which I sold to a buddy of mine. Gonna' try and get to the garbage disposal install and maybe even the new closet bifolds for my daughter's room. Need to clean out the car before I ship it out to my oldest daughter in Florida. Maybe, just maybe, get some more boxes unpacked and put away in the shop. Have a great weekend, all! :cool:

Jim Becker
11-08-2003, 9:05 AM
I will probably be doing a bit of shop rearrangement to best place the new "toy"...which is finally coming into the shop this morning. My friend Russ's wife had surgery yesterday morning on her head and he needs something to occupy himself this morning other than house cleaning...so his truck with my FS-350 will be arriving in a few minutes.

Other than that, I have some moldings to paint and install as well as some glass front doors to build. Finally, I'll do the final sanding on a natural edge walnut bench for the kitchen and get a coat of BLO on it. If I'm lucky, I'll get some turning in this weekend, too.