PDA

View Full Version : Unable to import this PDF in CorelDraw 12

Kim Vellore
12-08-2006, 11:18 AM
I have been trying to import this PDF document in CD12 but I keep getting file corrupted message, I was wondering is it because the file was created in a newer version of PDF and I have a older version of CorelDraw. Let me know if anyone can open this file in CD13. Then maybe it is time for me to upgrade....

Thanks
Kim

Lee DeRaud
12-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Doesn't work in X3 either.

Bob Tate
12-08-2006, 11:36 AM
I opened it in Illustrator. Don't bother, it is pretty corrupt. You aren't going to get anything out of it.

If you really need to see what is in there I can send it to you. Mostly a lot of gibberish though.

Mitchell Andrus
12-08-2006, 11:38 AM
I tried, "The file is corrupted" came up.

Tim Goldstein
12-08-2006, 11:57 AM
I am not at a computer with Corel on it, so just out of curiosity I opened the file in Acrobat reader. It opens fine and is fully viewable and readable. There is nothing in it that would be very hard to redraw if you just print out the page from Acrobat and then draw it in Corel. Most of the document is instructions and then the history of watering troughs in the west.

BTW, the document is marked as copyrighted.

Kim Vellore
12-08-2006, 12:31 PM
There are many documents that I need to work on. It belongs to Terri and I am working with him on a project, I just want to make sure that it is not in my Corel Draw since it opens fine with Acrobat. I'll just ask the owner to send it to me in a different format. Thanks all for helping.

Kim

Ed Newbold
12-08-2006, 12:32 PM
I am not at a computer with Corel on it, so just out of curiosity I opened the file in Acrobat reader. It opens fine and is fully viewable and readable. There is nothing in it that would be very hard to redraw if you just print out the page from Acrobat and then draw it in Corel. Most of the document is instructions and then the history of watering troughs in the west.

BTW, the document is marked as copyrighted.The original was created in MS Word and then saved as a PDF by GhostScript. I would imagine that's why it's so "corrupted". See attached image.

Jeff Lehman
12-08-2006, 3:23 PM
There is no vector artwork in the PDF. The trough diagrams are raster images...and not very hi-resolution ones at that. :eek:

See attached.

Kim Vellore
12-08-2006, 3:35 PM
Jeff,
Thanks, Just as I was looking at your reply I got it working. I copied the PDF to clipboard and pasted it in CD12 and it worked.
Yes this does not have vector only raster which I will print on a regular laser printer and draw up vector on this image and cut the laser printed paper on the laser cutter. So I will have precut and painted art work which I can fold up to make some ready made structures.

Kim