PDA

View Full Version : Couple of gloats and almost finished project

Mike Tempel
12-07-2006, 7:52 PM
Just wanted to post a couple of pics of my new toyl gloats and of an almost finished project. The gloats are a PM2000 (replacing a C'man contractors saw) and a new '06 Honda Goldwing (kinda like a convertible Lexus with all the bells and whistles (heated seats and grips, satellite nav, fine stereo, CB, and ABS brakes - the only thing I didn't spring for was an airbag which believe it or not is an option on this motorcycle). The project is a headboard to add to the bedroom suite that I have been toiling on for my daughter. In the past I made a dresser and mirror and two nightstands. Next may be a blanket chest for the foot of the bed then maybe a chest of drawers. Running low on QS red oak which is what this is all made of. Hope the pics come thru - I am not very good at this sort of thing.

John Miliunas
12-07-2006, 8:03 PM
Hey Mike, be careful or you'll get sawdust on that there new table saw....errrrr....scooter, I mean! :D Nice pieces, no doubt! The last 'Wing I had was a '76! :eek: They've changed just a tad since then. :rolleyes:

Looks to me like that headboard is coming along right nicely, as well! Yeah, I'm of the opinion, if you're going to do something in Oak, it may as well be qtr-sawn! Nice job, Mike! Oh, and ride safe! Remember, "shiny side goes up"! :) :cool:

Mike Tempel
12-07-2006, 8:03 PM
Here are some pics of the dresser and night stands that I previously made. Hope you enjoy.
P.S. Sorry about the mess in my daughter's room.

John Miliunas
12-07-2006, 8:19 PM
Yeah Mike, that headboard will certainly round out a beautiful looking suite! :) I especially love the contrasty woods...Gives it a very contemporary look, which I like. Well done, man! :) :cool:

Jim Becker
12-07-2006, 8:25 PM
Very nice, Mike! Congrats on the gloats. And those drawer fronts really "sing"...it's nice you're doing the bed to match!

Kurt Strandberg
12-07-2006, 8:40 PM
Nice GL1800, I find it hard to find to to do any woodworking when I could be out riding our '01 GL1800

Joe Trotter
12-07-2006, 8:49 PM
Cool! I have a 1800 CC Honda too :)

I wish I had a decent table saw right now :(

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/500/1201Headlight_6.jpg

John Miliunas
12-07-2006, 9:01 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! You guys are making me sick! :mad: When we moved to this place 3 years ago, there was this nice shop area here. When I mentioned getting a Harley, the LOML said, "Fine." Quickly adding, "You can have the Harley or you can get the rest of the shop equipment you've been wanting." :p

Guess I may just have to get busy with my WW tools and build one o' these: :D

John Kain
12-07-2006, 9:02 PM
As a woodworker, I really love that PM2000. I'm really jealous.

As a NeuroMD, that bike scares the crap out of me. :o

Joe Mioux
12-07-2006, 9:14 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! You guys are making me sick! :mad: When we moved to this place 3 years ago, there was this nice shop area here. When I mentioned getting a Harley, the LOML said, "Fine." Quickly adding, "You can have the Harley or you can get the rest of the shop equipment you've been wanting." :p

Guess I may just have to get busy with my WW tools and build one o' these: :D

Hey John,

I guess that would be considered a hard tail. Huh?

Joe

John Miliunas
12-07-2006, 9:25 PM
Hey John,

I guess that would be considered a hard tail. Huh?

Joe

Yes Joe, I believe that would be a good assumption! :D Of course, mine will have some large handcut DT's on the major joints for additional strength! :rolleyes: :D :cool:

Mike Tempel
12-08-2006, 12:57 PM
As a woodworker, I really love that PM2000. I'm really jealous.

As a NeuroMD, that bike scares the crap out of me. :o

Thanks for all the kind comments.
For you Doc, would it make you feel better if I told you that as a former paramedic the infinite possibilities of injuries are always on my mind. As is my beautiful daughter. With that in mind I WILL NOT ride without the proper protective equipment. I have found that with my leather chaps, riding jacket (with body armor), and a nicely graphic'd helmet (with mirrored shield for daylight), safety glasses, riding gloves, boots, etc that I not only am very protected but also look kinda sexy. I need all the help I can get.

Thanks again for all the great comments and yes - I plan to keep the shiny side up!!

Bruce Page
12-08-2006, 3:34 PM
Nice toys. As a former Craftsman owner, you'll smile every time you fire up that PM! Nice GL, I can't believe they are up to 1800cc. I road many a mile on my buddies GL1000 back in the '80's, when we'd tour cross country.

Oh yeah, beautiful bedroom set too!

Jeff Pilcher
12-08-2006, 6:13 PM
It really is a small world.

Here is a picture of my GL1800 in Chicken, Alaska. I rode from Racine, WI to Alaska and back with some friends in July.

http://www.epilcher.com/alaska/Graphics/DSCF0247.JPG

Jim Becker
12-08-2006, 6:23 PM
So Jeff...for those of us who are "bike-challenged"...which one is yours?

Jeff Pilcher
12-08-2006, 6:30 PM
So Jeff...for those of us who are "bike-challenged"...which one is yours?

It's the one off to the right, the great looking Yellow one. The Harley guys would not let me park near them.

Here is another of me watching the bears play on the side of the road. As a Chicago guy I am obligated to mention bears every chance I get.

http://www.epilcher.com/alaska/Graphics/CIMG1438.JPG

Don Bullock
12-08-2006, 7:29 PM
First: Beautiful work!! Love the wood choice.:D

Second: Thete is no need to apologise for your daughter's room. It's very typical I'm sure.:rolleyes:

Third: Cool bike!!!:cool:

Fourth: I love the saw. I couldn't have one of those because the top would rust from all the drowl.:eek:

Dave Fifield
12-08-2006, 7:46 PM
Jeff, I reckon you are eyeing up all the wood in them thar trees and wishing you'd brought a truck along instead of the bike - right? ;)

:Dave F.

Joe Mioux
12-08-2006, 8:44 PM
It's the one off to the right, the great looking Yellow one. The Harley guys would not let me park near them.

Here is another of me watching the bears play on the side of the road. As a Chicago guy I am obligated to mention bears every chance I get.

http://www.epilcher.com/alaska/Graphics/CIMG1438.JPG

Jeff,

Don't you mean DA-BEARS!