PDA

View Full Version : Attention Bosch 1591 Owners

Allen Bookout
12-07-2006, 7:07 PM
I had started a thread named "Blades for Bosch 1591 Jigsaw?" and only got one response and that was from Glenn Bradley so I decided to start a new thread with a new title to attrach more attention. I had a problem with one type of blade and so I sent Bosch a message and received the reply today. You may find it interesting and save you from buying blades that do not work correctly. I would suspect that this is true of the 1590 as well. Below is the correspondence. I do not know it there are any other blades that are to thick to work properly or not.

-Original Message--
Date: 12/4/2006 10:23:29 PM
To: boschtools@speedymail.com
Subject: Bosch Tools Contact Us Form

First Name: R.
Last Name: Bookout
Bosch Tool Owner: Yes
Topic: General/All Other
Comments: I ordered a Bosch 1591 Jigsaw from Amazon and just got it
today. I cannot inset the T144BF precision wood blade that was included
because it is to wide to fit in the groove in the small roller. The
blade measures .065 of an inch thick and the groove in the roller, as
near as I can meaure it, is .054 of an inch. Is the blade defective or
is the roller to narrow? The T123X (.039") and the T244D (.049") work
fine as well as the T101BF blades that I bought from Home Depot. I have
two packages of 101AQ blades ordered and do not know if they are to
thick to work or not.

Any help?

Email from BoschTools.com Contact Us Form

Thank you for writing and for your patience. These blades are new and
are thicker than our older blades. The rollers
on the saws are in the process of being changed and will have a wider
groove. This will be a running change so I don't know exactly when this
will take place.

In the meantime, after a short running period the rear of the blade
"will" conform itself to the current roller and work fine.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let me know if there is anything more I can help you with.

Michelle
Bosch Customer Service

glenn bradley
12-07-2006, 8:31 PM
Interesting. . . "Will conform?" Ouch. I would have thought they would refer you to somewhere to get the wheel swapped or maybe send you the wheel. I bought mine through (of all places) Home Depot Online last May. If there's a continued problem after "conforming" takes place, I'm sure Bosch will stand behind their tools.

I had contacted them when I didn't notice the orbiting feature functioning as I expected. As happens more often than not, I misunderstood and when performing the action they described, figured it out. However, they did leave me with a "if that doesn't cure you, call me back" status which I much appreciated. They weren't gonna be done with me till I was happy.

P.s. I love that jigsaw!!!

John Miliunas
12-07-2006, 8:35 PM
Ouch! Well, that's a bummer! Seems that maybe the proper response should've been along the lines of, "Yes, we're aware of the problem and we'd be happy to send you out a properly sized roller! Thanks for your patience!" :)

Or am I just being too picky or fussy? :o As I understand it, that roller they speak of comes pretty close to the design of the Festool jigsaws. If that's the case, it really adds some great stability to the blade and helps track it perpendicular to the base of the saw. However, I do believe Festool jigsaws have been shipping with the correct roller from Day-1. :D (Sorry Allen, couldn't resist!:o )

Anyhow, thanks for the heads up! 'Tis the season to be getting new tools similar to that and your notice may prevent some problems for potential owners of that saw. :) :cool:

Allen Bookout
12-07-2006, 10:26 PM
I did think that the "will conform" was a bit much. For me it is more like do not use. Seems like that it would be better to just discontinue the blade rather than change the roller design. The message really did not address the issue of the units already out there as far as replacement rollers. I'll bet that the new rollers will be for the saws that are manufactured after the design change. I guess that it really does not matter as long as we know which blades work and which do not.

Well John, looks like you Festool guys are one up on us again. I am glad that you added the big smile after seeing your latest avatar.

Jason White
07-29-2007, 6:02 PM
I know this is an old thread, so please forgive my tardiness! :)

I just got the Bosch 1591 jigsaw and also notice that the "orbit" feature does not seem to change when I flip the switch. I'm also noticing that there is a lot of heat buildup in this saw. So much so that I can barely touch it. Is this a product defect?

Jason

Interesting. . . "Will conform?" Ouch. I would have thought they would refer you to somewhere to get the wheel swapped or maybe send you the wheel. I bought mine through (of all places) Home Depot Online last May. If there's a continued problem after "conforming" takes place, I'm sure Bosch will stand behind their tools.

I had contacted them when I didn't notice the orbiting feature functioning as I expected. As happens more often than not, I misunderstood and when performing the action they described, figured it out. However, they did leave me with a "if that doesn't cure you, call me back" status which I much appreciated. They weren't gonna be done with me till I was happy.

P.s. I love that jigsaw!!!

Justin McCurdy
07-30-2007, 9:26 AM
John,

For the price of the Festool, I was able to aquire a Bosch 1590 Jigsaw ($90), Bosch CS10 Circular Saw $59, and Rigid Oscillating Spindle Sander ($150).

Not to say that Festool doesn't make great tools, because they do, but for the price they better come with a Sam Maloof holograph showing me exactly what I am doing wrong.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Just thought I would beat a dead horse.

Allen Bookout
08-01-2007, 6:43 PM
I just got the Bosch 1591 jigsaw and also notice that the "orbit" feature does not seem to change when I flip the switch. I'm also noticing that there is a lot of heat buildup in this saw. So much so that I can barely touch it. Is this a product defect?

Jason

Jason,

I have been gone for a couple of weeks and just saw your post. I have not messed around with the orbit feature. I went out and ran mine for about four minutes and the aluminum parts do get warm but not so hot that I can not comfortabily lay my hand on them. The barrel and blue top remain cool. Could be something is wrong with yours.