PDA

View Full Version : Trend Air Shield

Karl Laustrup
12-07-2006, 5:00 PM
I've got a question concerning my Airshield.

Somehow during the upheaval that was the building of our new house this past winter, the charger for my Airshield has disappeared. I'm sure I've just misplaced it, but I've spent a lot of time looking for it to no avail. I will soon be making sawdust again and I do need to be using the Airshield.

I've emailed All Pro Tools [I got it from them] but have not recieved an answer after 3 weeks, about purchasing a charger. I also had a friend check with WC about getting just a charger to no avail.

I'm hoping through the vast network, that is SMC, that someone can put me in touch with a source to purchase a charger for the Trend Airshield.

TIA

Karl

Tony Falotico
12-07-2006, 5:23 PM
Kinda pricey, but here it is........... http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/category/Trend_Airshield

Earl Reid
12-07-2006, 5:43 PM
I have been using 3 D alkalin batteries for about 2 years. I got a batt,holder, adapter cords etc from Radio shack, works much better than the orig bateries that started to peter out after 2 hrs. I haven't gotten around to get rechargable Ds yet. I carry the battery pack in my shirt pocket.

Earl

Martin Shupe
12-07-2006, 6:14 PM
Karl,

I confess, I lost my charger as well.

If you call All Pro Tools on the telephone, there is a guy there (I forget his name), who can get you a new one.

I forget how much it was, but I remember I hated the price. $$$$$!!! He said he had to charge that much based on what Trend was charging him for the special order. Sounds like Radio Shack might be a viable alternative.

Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.

I still have not found my original charger, but I am sure it will turn up someday.

Greg Heppeard
12-08-2006, 5:00 AM
I think Woodcraft has them, at least they did when I worked there.

Karl Laustrup
12-08-2006, 6:59 AM
Thanks for the replies. I figured the charger was going to be pricey, but I must admit $75 took my breath away. :eek: At least I know where to find one and even an alternative to getting one. Thanks all.

Karl

Mike Cutler
12-08-2006, 7:54 AM
Karl.
Can you wait until Monday. I may be able to get you one from work for nothing.

We use the Trend Airshield's in radioactive airborne contaminated areas. We probably have a couple hundred of them at work. There must be a charger laying around somewhere. They don't all get charged at once.