PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0490 Jointer Infeed/Outfeed Removal

David Clawson
12-07-2006, 9:53 AM
I will need to remove both the infeed and outfeed tables to my new G0490 jointer to move it to the basement. Has anyone done this before? Any ideas on how to remove them? It seems to be straight forward from the parts diagram but I started with the outfeed table and am having some issues. Contacted Grizzly and they are looking for a service tech that has performed this operation. I would like to try to do it this evening, however, so any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

David

Rick Lizek
12-07-2006, 12:52 PM
I've done a number of parallelogram table replacements. A few on DJ-20' and some assorted others, one a repair on shipping damage to the parallelogram brackets on a 16" minimax jointer. I willl tell you parallelogram is the most complicated jointer table removal you can do. I've done many Dovetailed ways and inclined ways that you would find on old Olives and Crescents. The inclines are the easiest of all jointer ways.

You are in for quite the challenge to remove the tables and get it all lined up again. You will need a good straight edge and feeler gauge to line it back up. At least a 5' straight edge. I would try all other options to get it in the basement first. It's going to take longer than you think.I remember spending a few hours doing an outfeed table on a DJ-20 but It's not like I do them every day. It's been a couple of years apart so it's kind of like strarting over each time. Basically you have to remove the lower pivot shafts and pull the tables off without disturbing the eccentric cam adjusters. It's doable but if you can slide the jointer in a window on some bunks you will be far ahead of the game.