PDA

View Full Version : OT again-where to buy iPod Nano

Ben Grunow
12-07-2006, 6:20 AM
Any ideas on best place to get one for SWMBO?

TIA

Ben

Tim Morton
12-07-2006, 6:25 AM
did you try the apple store?

Peter Stahl
12-07-2006, 7:16 AM
Any ideas on best place to get one for SWMBO?

TIA

Ben
Ben,

I just ordered one for my wife from the Apple store. The only reason I used the Apple store was because I could get it engraved for free. I got her the Red Nano. If I were to buy it locally I would have gone to Best Buy probably. If you buy local, you better go soon, these things are good sellers. I didn't get the 2 year warrant and still may go back and get that, it's $60, are these these warranted for 1 year?

Ed Frie
12-07-2006, 7:46 AM
I believe that Sam's Club carries them.

Dan Oelke
12-07-2006, 1:43 PM
I tried going cheap on this last xmas and got a refurbished one from Overstock.com.

BIG MISTAKE. It didn't ship when they said, didn't make it in time for xmas, didn't have the cables in the box, and when I got a cable it didn't work.

Ended up getting a new one from Walmart a month later after being ready to strangle someone over the phone....

Tyler Howell
12-07-2006, 1:59 PM
Slightly better price at Amazon than at the Apple Store.
They will help you to death at the Apple store:eek:

Tom Henry
12-07-2006, 2:01 PM
Go to best buy and ask if they have any open box Ipod Nano's. I am sure they will have more than one and you will save some $$$$ :D .

Eric Sabo
12-07-2006, 2:38 PM
I bought my wife an iPod Video, but it applies. Just went directly through the Apple Store Online. I probably could've gotten it cheaper somewhere but as was already mentioned, the engraving and the fact that I knew I was getting it from the manufacturer and was absolutely sure what I was going to get prompted me to just order it. That and I didn't have to stop at an insane mall or travel to a decent electronics store to pick it up locally :D

Jim Becker
12-07-2006, 3:16 PM
If you work for a larger corporation, it's always a good idea to check and see if you have a discount benefit available from Apple. (and other similar manufacturers) It's well worth the effort. ;) And for those that don't, rebate programs like ebates.com offer a little bit off your end-cost...1% for Apple.

Art Mulder
12-07-2006, 5:08 PM
did you try the apple store?

Check the refurb section of the apple store - cheaper, and full apple warranty.

Friend of mine got himself a Mac Mini that way for a good price.

Tim Morton
12-07-2006, 6:02 PM
Check the refurb section of the apple store - cheaper, and full apple warranty.

Friend of mine got himself a Mac Mini that way for a good price.

He can't buy his wife a REFURB*LOL* I bought mine a kitchen aid blender that was a refurb and no matter what you try and do she will SEE the package and bad thoughts will go thru her mind. Buy her a new one!!! The refurb can be for you:D

Ben Grunow
12-07-2006, 8:40 PM
Whoa, lots of replies. Thanks and I think I'll hit the Apple store for piece of mind and yes my wife is from the nothing refurbished for me section of the wife store (one of her few faults). Thanks.

Ben

Tim Wagner
12-08-2006, 8:48 AM
what is SWMBO?

and while we are at it (don't mean to change the subject) what is, when reffering to finishes, blo or bol i saw somewhere? thanks.

Wes Bischel
12-08-2006, 10:00 AM
what is SWMBO?

and while we are at it (don't mean to change the subject) what is, when reffering to finishes, blo or bol i saw somewhere? thanks.

"She Who Must Be Obeyed" and "Boiled Linseed Oil"

There was a thread a while back that had all the acronyms used around here.

Wes