PDA

View Full Version : New bedroom Suite

Lee Schierer
12-06-2006, 9:00 PM
I just finished the bedroom suite for my granddaughter for Christmas. The Armoire and the bed are made from knotty pine. The finish is clear shellac and three or four coats of Varathane Diamond Polyurethane Floor Finish. The design is something I came up with on my own. Sort of a shaker colonial style. Origianally they were going to be white with the blue trim, but LOML liked the look of the blue on the clear pine so we went that way.

Oh yes, they are doll furniture, made for the 18" American Girl sized dolls.

Dan Lautner
12-06-2006, 9:21 PM
She will love it! Very nice work. How long did these pieces take?

Dan

Jim Becker
12-06-2006, 9:24 PM
Lee, those are outstanding!! And I agree that the blue on the pine works wonderfully...it's also "training" her that the look of real wood is a-ok!

Lars Thomas
12-06-2006, 10:20 PM
That should be a big hit. Will that be under the tree in a few weeks? I'm guessing you can't wait to give it to her!

Peter Stahl
12-07-2006, 7:31 AM
Very nice Lee, she's gonna love it.

John Bailey
12-07-2006, 7:35 AM
Lucky kid!!:)

John

Neil Lamens
12-07-2006, 7:42 AM
Bet you can't waite for Christmas now!!!!!

Lee Schierer
12-07-2006, 1:14 PM
To make them I haven't really tracked the total hours. I started them about the first of November and worked off and on between other obligations. If I had to guess I would say maybe 10-15 hours all together.

She is coming to our house for Christmas so they will be under the tree. LOML is also making a complete wardrobe of doll clothes to fill up the Armoire and a mattress and bedcovers for the bed.

John Timberlake
12-07-2006, 1:16 PM
Great job. Your granddaughter will be thrilled. I love the way pine looks and it is used too little in furniture. Keep up the good work.

Mike Monroe
12-07-2006, 2:15 PM
I gaurantee they will be a big hit with your grand-daughter. I have 2 daughters and made basically the same thing times 2, bed and armoire, a few years ago. I wasn't as timely as you, I can still remember attaching the armoire doors Xmas eve. The armoires I made are taller with drawers in the base. American Girl sells clothes hangers, you might want to pick some up.

Mike