PDA

View Full Version : Skillsaw Nail Cutting Blades

STEVE PHILLIPS
11-06-2003, 5:56 PM
Years ago someone gave me a 7 1/4 skillsaw blade with only 4 or 5 teeth for cutting nail embedded floors. I have not been able to find one since. I cut many floors with it and found it ( the saw blade ) to stand up to the job for quite a while. Can anyone help me as to where I can purchase a blade as this? If you can help me I do thank you in advance. To all the woodworks out there I hope ya'll have a nice evening. By the way this is my first posting and hope I did it correctly.

Thank you

Joe Suelter
11-06-2003, 6:27 PM
Hi Steve, welcome to the Creek. I have purchased a couple blades that may do what you are trying to do. I'm assuming you are referring to a circular saw? The blade I got that I use to cut my floor out was a (gulp) Craftsman rip style blade. It had carbide teeth on it at one time! The number on the blade had long since wore off, so sorry I can't help you there. This blade was just your everyday cheap blade, but I tell you it has cut everything I have thrown at it. I used it to cut out my hardwood floor (yep, went right through nails and all), also used it to cut cement backerboard for our ceramic tile. I have successfully cut sheetmetal with it...although very carefully! For the $10.00 this thing cost me, I got my use out of it. I sure hope this helps. Hope to see you around here again soon!--Joe Suelter