PDA

View Full Version : X3 question

Jim Huston
12-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi:
Must be an easy way -- just don't know what it is ....
How do you add fonts to X3?
Thanks
Jim

Lee DeRaud
12-06-2006, 10:33 AM
You don't: you add the fonts to Windows, through the Control Panel 'Fonts' entry.
(You may need to restart X3 afterwards: I don't know whether it builds its internal font list on the fly or only once at startup.)

Mike Null
12-06-2006, 10:38 AM
With X3 came a program called Bitstream Font Navigator. If you did a standard install it should be in your program list.

When you find it, open it, and look at all the fonts listed in the catalog on the left side of the window, drag the ones you want to the right side of the window and voila, they are installed for use in Corel. I would advise keeping the active fonts to about 200 as a huge font assortment will slow your computer.

Take some time to explore this program and you'll soon be very dependent on it. I think it's terrific.

Also take a look at a web site called Graphics Unleashed which has a good tutorial on using fonts and this program. Having too many fonts in your Windows font folder will also slow the computer and this tutorial will guide you through a process to relocate your fonts.

Jim Huston
12-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
Jim

Ed Newbold
12-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
JimFor me, this is the fastest way: use your normal Windows Explorer to navigate down to the C:/WINDOWS/fonts/ folder. Then copy the font from wherever you have to stored and paste it to this folder.

Cheers,