PDA

View Full Version : HURRY! There's still time...

Keith Starosta
11-06-2003, 12:00 PM
Just close your eyes, rub your wallet reeeeal hard, and ......POOF!!.......instant workshop!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2569321863&category=11810

I didn't take the time to verify. Does that seem a bit high for all that is listed?

Keith

Brad Schafer
11-06-2003, 12:03 PM
... that's just silly.

It's also in Savannah,

b

Mark Mandell
11-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Does that seem a bit high for all that is listed?

Replace the whole deal for $10,000.

Dave Arbuckle
11-06-2003, 12:42 PM
I like the very first item description:

Delta Band Saw 48" on wheeled base

I'm figuring that wheeled base must say "Kenworth". ;)

Dave

Keith Starosta
11-06-2003, 12:45 PM
I like the very first item description:

Delta Band Saw 48" on wheeled base

I'm figuring that wheeled base must say "Kenworth". ;)

Dave

Yeah, but just think about the resaw capabilities!!! :D

Kevin Murdock
11-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Well, at least he's very organized and takes very good care of his tools, storing them properly to ensure that they stay in top shape.

Just look at the photos. :confused:

Steven Wilson
11-06-2003, 1:04 PM
$26K sound to be about 80% of the new cost - that's too expensive. Given that the gear is in unkown condition and probably without manuals I wouldn't give more than $10-$12K.

Rob Russell
11-06-2003, 1:51 PM
I see a bandsaw in the picture - but it sure doesn't look like any 48" b/s to me. About the only part of that saw that could be 48" is the measure from top to bottom.

My b/s is a 1957 20" Rockwell (made by Crescent, I believe) and it looks a lot bigger compared to my drill press than that one does.

The seller's lucky nobody bit on the sale. He could've been legitimately charged with fraud by listing that as a 48" machine when it isn't.

Rob

Kirk (KC) Constable
11-06-2003, 7:36 PM
I see a bandsaw in the picture - but it sure doesn't look like any 48" b/s to me. About the only part of that saw that could be 48" is the measure from top to bottom.

My b/s is a 1957 20" Rockwell (made by Crescent, I believe) and it looks a lot bigger compared to my drill press than that one does.

The seller's lucky nobody bit on the sale. He could've been legitimately charged with fraud by listing that as a 48" machine when it isn't.

Rob

Can you charge a guy with fraud if he just doesn't know any better?

Rob Russell
11-07-2003, 10:25 AM
Can you charge a guy with fraud if he just doesn't know any better?

First - I'm no attorney. Still, it's my understanding that ignorance of a law doesn't absolve one from adhering to it.

For example, it's illegal in CT to pass on the right, unless you're on a limited access highway with 3 or more lanes. There are sure a lot of people who pass on the right on plain ole "2-lanes each way with a double yellow down the middle" type roads. A cop can give you a ticket for that. Not knowing the law doesn't make a difference. DAMHIKT.

Given the lengths the ebayer went to in terms of listing the other equipment including model numbers, I'd say the bandsaw is a blatant misrepresentation. Otherwise - why is there no model number? The last sentence indicates "All power tools single phase voltage". That indicates the seller knew enough about electricity to know there's a difference between 1 and 3 phase.

Maybe I'm just being suspicious.