PDA

View Full Version : Blades for Bosch 1591 Jigsaw?

Allen Bookout
12-04-2006, 8:33 PM
I ordered the Bosch 1591 jigsaw because of all the good reports here. It just came today and I started out by trying one of the blades that was included, T144DP (precision wood). I fiddled around to long trying to get it to fit and finally gave up. Next I tried the T244D speed wood and it went right in and so did the T123X metal blade. The T144DP that would not fit is to wide to fit in the small roller support groove. The width of the T144DP is .065 of an inch, the T244D is .049 and the T123X is .039. I tried some Bosch T101 clean hardwood blades that I got at Home Depot and they fit (.032"). I tried to measure the groove gap and it is close to .054 of an inch so no wonder the T144DP blade would not work. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Is my roller to narrow or is it that some Bosch blades just do not work? I find it strange that Bosch would include a blade that is not supposed to work with the saw.

I ordered two packages of Bosch 101AQ 3" 20 tooth blades from Amazon that have not shipped yet. Not knowing if they are to thick to work or not I am thinking about canceling that order. I would prefer not to if they will work.

The dust collection part is an accessory which I found to be really a cheap trick. Would probably cost them 75 cents to through one in. I am not going to worry about that because I would probably never use it but it just struck me that company like Bosch would be above that.

With the blades that would work the saw it cut very well in several types of materials but did not strike me as anything really special. I am sure that it will as time goes on and I have more for it to do. Maybe I am having a semi bad day or something.

Anyway, any information about the blades that should work will be appreciated.

Thanks! Allen

glenn bradley
12-04-2006, 8:59 PM
Hi Allen,

I just took a look at my 1591 and the T144dp blade that came with it. I had used the blade so I kinda freaked out when I read your post. It would not be beyond me to not notice the poor fit. Mine fits just fine (???). My decimal caliper is at the LOML's house and the ones here are fractional so no specific help there. The 144 is visually thicker than the others that were included. Other Bosch blades from the BORG fit fine as well. . . I'm going with bad blade (?).

Allen Bookout
12-04-2006, 9:30 PM
Thanks Glenn! I hope that your guess is correct. Logically you would think so but I had not considered a bad blade. Better that than a batch of bad rollers.