PDA

View Full Version : Corel Paint Q

Mitchell Andrus
12-04-2006, 6:21 PM
I'm a bit lost on some basic photoshopping. I'm pretty sure the effect can be gotten in about the same way no matter the paint program used. I've got Corel Paint, Paint Shop Pro, maybe Photoshot Elements. Just never needed to do this before and I can't figure out what it's called....

I have a photograph of a mirror and I need to replace the reflection with an area of gradient fill. It's a skewed rectangle shaped area.

This one shows off the inlay work coming out of the laser and a catalog would like to sell them, but need the shot cleaned up.

Anyone know how??

TIA, Mitch

Mike Null
12-04-2006, 8:41 PM
The easy way might be to bring it into Corel Draw and make a box (trapezoid) which just covers the area then fill that with whatever color you want. Then make it a bitmap and you're finished.

Here's a very hastily done version using both Draw and PhotoPaint.

Luke Phillips
12-04-2006, 8:58 PM
If you have Photoshop elements - try using the clone stamp tool to select a section of the unreflected mirror and then stamp it along the entire mirror area.

Ruben Salcedo
12-05-2006, 12:49 AM
All you need to do is a selection on the mirror area and fill with a gradient, very simple.

Ruben

Dave Fifield
12-05-2006, 2:53 AM
Similar to the above, but a little different: In Corel Draw, I'd first draw the shape to be filled using separate lines to make sure it fills right up to the edges of the glass properly. Make the line width "none" and do a "Fountain Fill" from black to white (or whatever colors you want to go from/to).

I did this quickly on your small image, however the resolution is too poor to do the above accurately, so there are still some edge artifacts:

http://www.ubersprang.com/Mirror_DF.jpg

If you'd care to post a full size picture, I or one of the others would be glad to give it a go for you. If you do it yourself in another program, I would suggest you don't use a black to white gradient (as above). A dark grey to light grey gradient would look better (not so severe).

Cheers,
:Dave F.

Mitchell Andrus
12-05-2006, 8:36 AM
Thanks, guys. I was greatly over-thinking this. Here's an unpracticed result. Simple enough, I drew some straight lines, clicked in a few nodes to get around the lamp and filled with the gradient tool. I'm not sure Draw is the best place to do this if I were to do piles of them - exporting this as a .jpg hybrid... makes me nervous. I do have to remember to kill the red line next time.

Mitch
edit.. this got a bit too compressed... looks better full Oomph.