PDA

View Full Version : Toolbox Saga Conclusion!

Bill Grumbine
12-04-2006, 3:12 PM
Greetings all

I arrived home a little while ago with the replacement toolbox from Delta - the second replacement that is. If you have been reading about this, you may remember, the first replacement was seriously damaged by the baboons at the trucking company. This one also came damaged, but it was minor enough that I was not going to squawk about it. One corner of the lid is bent just a little bit, but not enough to affect the function or chip the paint.

The pushbutton/locking mechanism has been completely redesigned, and hopefully this one will stand the test of time. Now I need to get up there and get some holes drilled so I can get it on the truck. Of course, it is 34 degrees outside now instead of 65 like it has been for the past few weeks. I guess we can't have everything. ;)

Anway, I think the Delta company deserves a lot of credit for their response to this problem. When I started out with this all I wanted was the opportunity to buy some replacement locks. They made the decision to replace the box, even though it was out of warranty.

Bill

John Miliunas
12-04-2006, 5:53 PM
That's great news, Bill! :) Two "thumbs up" to Delta for this one! Hey, maybe there's hope for some of the "Big Boys" yet! :D :cool:

Jason Roehl
12-04-2006, 8:03 PM
Looks like one of the baboons has some compliments for Delta! :D

Glad you finally got that resolved, Bill.

John Miliunas
12-04-2006, 8:47 PM
Looks like one of the baboons has some compliments for Delta! :D

HEY!!! I resemble that remark! :D :cool: