PDA

View Full Version : Help with CorelDraw 12

Ashton Waters
12-04-2006, 2:10 PM
Hello everyone,

I finally got my laser engraver and am having a great time learning what all it can do. I got an Epilog Helix 45 W. Love it. I also love reading this forum. I've learned a great deal just reading all the questions and answers here on the Creek.

Learning everything I need to know about CorelDraw is another thing entirely. I’m still at the lower end of the learning curve. Most of the time I’m so confused that I don’t know if I should scratch my watch or wind my butt.

I do have a question. How do I remove the large white frame surrounding an image? I often use the freehand tool and cutout the image to take out the background, but the empty frame around the image still prints. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, I’m using CorelDraw V12.

Thanks

Ashton

Tom Cullen
12-04-2006, 5:11 PM
Hi Ashton,
your corel work area can be sized to match the material in the bed of your laser , if say you want to raster a piece of clipart onto an 8X8 tile, then you just set the page size to whatever the tile size is by using the two boxes next to the word CUSTOM and put in 8.00 in each box for width and height. your page will now match the size of the tile in the laser and you won't get a border ( you may have to change it also in the print driver when sending the command to print (engrave )). if it's a photo and you are engraving on a black tile , then just make the background of the photo black using the fill tool in your photo editor software and or the paint brush. Black background will not engrave on a black tile.

Hope this helps
Tom

Alan Young
12-06-2006, 4:40 PM
I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do but a lot of time I will edit my drawing or in you case I think a photo and then select th part you want to engrave, say the middle of the picture surrounded by white. Use the select tool. Then copy it CTRL C. Then open up a new drawing, FILE New. Know past your drawing blank page. This will get rid any objects or frame you may have. The other option is use Photo Paint an erase all the back ground. A little trick is to invert the picture to erase the back ground, what my appear white and hard to see will know be black and easy to see. Then invert it back if you need to.

I hope this helps

Alan

Jim Good
12-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Ashton,

If I'm understanding correctly, you need to get rid of the white box surrounding a graphic. Here is a link that may help you. Let us know if you've resolved your issue!

http://www.unleash.com/articles/whitebox/

Jim

Ashton Waters
12-08-2006, 9:43 AM
Jim,

Thanks. That was what I was looking for. Thanks also to Tom and Alan for your suggestions. I really appreciate everyone here at the Creek.

Ashton