PDA

View Full Version : Selling on Ebay

Dave Chase
12-04-2006, 7:23 AM
Anybody selling on Ebay? If so, have you had any luck?

Luke Phillips
12-04-2006, 7:44 AM
I've sold on eBay - but it's risky and not as profitable as direct selling. If you've got items that are very inexpensive to make, it's possible to make some $$ on eBay. I'm sure you've seen the kinds of items being listed - watch the bids over time for this items and you'll get an idea of what sells and what does not. I have noticed more fraudulent listings on eBay these days - eBay is not interested in stopping these criminals. Have you considered opening a store front on Amazon or Yahoo?

Cheers!
Luke

skip coyne
12-04-2006, 7:44 AM
off and on since '98 its not what it used to be but Ive had some good sales ,its easy and cheap enough to give it a try

Joe Pelonio
12-04-2006, 8:32 AM
I've done pretty well when I've had time. The way I looked at it is you need to make items that are very inexpensive to make yet unique enough to bring a decent price. I wouldn't want to mess around with packing and shipping for a lot of $5-10 items. The ones I put up were selling for at least $30-50. If you search e-bay for laser engraved items there are a ton of them.

Robin Lake
12-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Anybody selling on Ebay? If so, have you had any luck?

Dave --

Robert Frost had deep thoughts on this subject. I hope there are no copyright issues with this poem appearing here. Somehow, I think that before eBay had reached its peak Mr Frost would have advised a "road less travelled."

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.