PDA

View Full Version : Follow up on the earlier "Metamorphosis" post

Wolf Kiessling
11-05-2003, 5:50 PM
A while back, I posted a couple of pix to show how I create animal fur on a wood carving. One of these was of a partially finished bust of a dachshund. Just in case anybody cares, here are a couple of pix of the finished product. The finish is fruitwood and some cherry colored danish oil, the nose is india ink completed with satin polycrylic, and the eyes are acrylic paint covered by about six coats of gloss polycrylic. Oh yeah, the wood is northern basswood.

Steve King
11-05-2003, 6:45 PM
Wolf,
That is beautiful work; it looks so real you want to pet it. Just one question, how long did it take you?
Steve

Don Farr
11-05-2003, 6:50 PM
OK, OK, I may never post another picture on this forum again. That is absolutely amazing work, Wolf. We once owed a dachshund that we named "Chocolate" and that carving is is beautiful.

Wolf Kiessling
11-05-2003, 9:56 PM
A difficult question to answer as I work on multiple projects and I rarely, if ever, keep track of time. On reflection, I would have to say between 40 and 60 hours.

Bruce Page
11-05-2003, 10:59 PM
I’ve only one thing to say,

Incredible!

Bob Lasley
11-05-2003, 11:16 PM
Wolf, you are a master, sir! That has to be one of the most lifelike carvings I have ever seen.

Bob

Jim Stastny
11-06-2003, 6:23 PM
That's so lifelike I swear I heard it bark :eek:

Ace Karner
11-07-2003, 9:23 AM
Great work Wolf, sure glad that we were able to steer you to the Creek at Steve's BBQ, now a whole new bunch of folks get to see your beautiful carvings.