PDA

View Full Version : Saw Stop owners

Michael Handrinos
12-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi all.

I'll be needing a mobile base for my SS that's coming in a few weeks. What are you using now? I think they are coming out with their own base, but there's not a definite time when. I want to have the base before the saw is delivered. Don't want to put it together and then place it on a base later. Any suggestions besides an HTC?

Thanks

Mike

Ted Baca
12-03-2006, 10:55 PM
The woodcrfaft store where I purchased mine is using a ShopFox. I just got my saw this weekend haven't used it yet. I spent most of the day yesterday and today getting my Excalibur Fence to fit on it. I am waiting for the base that SS is supposed to coming out with. The store manager already has the order number and price so it may not be that far out. He said it was 269.00. According to the rep at SS it will be 1/4 steel construction witha foot operated hydraulic lift. I am gonna wait since my saw won't move except for cleaning.

Michael Handrinos
12-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks Ted.

I bought mine about 4 days ago and the manager said he wasn't sure when they were coming out with the base or how much it would be. I'd rather have one designed for the saw. Which woodcraft did you deal with?

269.00 doesn't sound too bad.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Heidrick
12-03-2006, 11:59 PM
I posted to you on woodnet. Check that for some hints to building the saw. Why not the HTC?

I would love to have the SS made base but building it without the base would have really been a chore.