PDA

View Full Version : Kreg Jig Router Table - almost done

Tim Dorcas
12-03-2006, 11:37 AM
I recently sold my integrated table saw, miter saw, and router table combination. Instantly I missed the router table and wanted another one. I half thought about just buying one but then thought, "It won't take that long to build one." Last words.

When I bought my Kreg Jig I bought all of the videos as well. And while I looked at several plans, the Kreg Jig Plan seemed to be the easiest. I had already purchased the Jessem Router Lift. I had made a router table top before and I already knew I wasn't doing that again. So the decision of which top to get was pretty easy. Jessem Router Table Top here we go!. And then it only made sense to get the Fence to go with it. If I had had the money I would have completed it off with the Jessem Miter Slider but that cost more than the fence or the top. Maybe next year.

So with the DVD in hand I started this project. It was pretty easy to follow along but there's a few spots where he doesn't give all the measurements and you have to guess. The one feature that turned out better than expected was the dust collection.

I'm going to finish this off with three drawer trays in the bottom and then I'll be done.

joseph j shields
12-03-2006, 5:34 PM
Tim,

Nice job!

Where did you you get the plans???

Can they be downloaded???

-jj

Al Navas
12-03-2006, 7:08 PM
Very nice, Tim!

Will the door to access the router have holes, to provide make-up air, or is the make-up air brought into the compartment some other way?

Joe Trotter
12-03-2006, 7:42 PM
Very nice, Tim!

Will the door to access the router have holes, to provide make-up air, or is the make-up air brought into the compartment some other way?

From what I can see it looks like he used his DC to pull air in from the back and has another smaller hose going from the back to the fence. It looks like it would pull outside air from there.

Very cool, I like it!

Every day I log in I see more things I am going to build.

Thanks for sharing that with all of us.

Joe

Jim Becker
12-03-2006, 8:16 PM
Very nice table setup!

I agree with the comment about some air entrance on the door...it provides a "sweeping" function. Mine has a 1/8" high slot across the bottom of the door for that purpose and it's area was calculated into the total inlet area over the whole system.

Joe Trotter
12-06-2006, 1:52 PM
Tim,
What did you think of the kreg DVD's? I want to build a router table too. I was wondering if it comes with a plan for the table?

Will it work on either a PC or TV?

Thanks, Joe