PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Woodworks show?

Tony Sade
11-04-2003, 11:06 PM
Columbus is about as close as one of the ww shows gets to Charleston, so I'm thinking of heading over on a day trip. No big purchases planned (not much left in the tool budget), but I thought I might take in a class-router table magic with Bill Hylton looks good- and just soak it all in. Anyone have any experience with this particular show/location, e.g. quantity and quality of vendors, demonstrations, etc? Thanks, Tony

Brad Schafer
11-05-2003, 7:18 AM
Tony - when/where is the show in Columbus? I might sneak down there,

b

Ken Salisbury
11-05-2003, 7:23 AM
Tony - when/where is the show in Columbus? I might sneak down there,

b
See this SMC Calendar Event for the details:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/calendar.php?do=getinfo&eventid=39&calendarid=3

OR:
http://www.woodworksevents.com

Brad Schafer
11-18-2003, 8:00 PM
See http://www.woodworksevents.com

Thanks, Ken. The show is in Columbus this Friday thru Sunday. I'll probably be down Friday afternoon for a time. Since the Michigan game is this weekend, there might not be a lot of play early Saturday afternoon.

Hope to run into a few folks,

b

John Weber
11-18-2003, 9:00 PM
Tony,

The show is new to Columbus this year. Typically the January Woodworking show is as big as the get. Reports from other Wood Works show rave on the quality of the demostrators and exhibits (many well known names). I've not heard and negatives other then the crowds have been down a bit at least in Indy compared to the January show and that is a good thing because those shows are usually elbow to elbow. I think I going Friday for a bit and will check in at the WoodCentral Sawdust Cafe.

Hope you make it - John

Steve Rybicki
11-18-2003, 9:21 PM
I've never been to a woodworking show. I'm in the market for a few tools and was wondering if pricing deals are common at these shows, or are they pretty much just for gathering information?

John Weber
11-18-2003, 9:42 PM
Deals don't seem what they once were, but you can still save. Usually shows are a great place to buy clamps, dust collection accessories, Forrest WWII around $90, about 10% or more off power tools, hard to find gadgets, and other stuff. Some companies like Lee Valley sell at catalog prices, but pick up shipping and tax. Stationary equipment should also have some decent pricing, but the show demos are the best price and usually sell fast. I usually pick up some supplies as well, sandpaper, foam brushes, zero clearance inserts, glue, etc... This weekend I hope to find some good buys on shaper cutters amd maybe a couple clamps.

John

Brad Schafer
11-19-2003, 10:53 AM
John - I'll be wearing a kinda-white hat with a TRI-COM logo. Hope to run into you Friday. I'll be there from circa 2-5p.

b

Jeff Rich
11-19-2003, 8:35 PM
This show was also new in Indy and I did some volunteer work.
It is a smaller show than the Woodworking shows, however, you can get up close and personal with several demonstrators.
This show focuses on woodworking rather than selling tools.