PDA

View Full Version : By the Numbers

Jack Dickey
12-02-2006, 3:33 PM
Sitting here killing a few minits , after a baloney samwich , before going back to creating dust and such ..
I'm always curious about participation by members with their post counts in a forum .. So heres what I just dug up on this place ..

Of 10,074 members , it looks like this

5469 have at least 1 post
2543 have at least 10 posts
1131 have at least 50 posts
706 have at least 100 posts
170 have at least 500 posts
89 have at least 1000 posts
31 have at least 2000 posts
17 have at least 3000 posts
11 have at least 4000 posts
8 have at least 5000 posts
2 are over 8000 posts
AND DRUM ROLL PLEASE
1 over 17000 posts

It appears that the TOP 11 or so , must fall into one of three categories

1) Retired , and I never get in the shop , cause I'm always Down at the Creek

2) I have a real job , and the reason I never get in the shop is cause I'm always Down at the Creek

3) I dont really have a life , but I can be found Down at the Creek

But it reveals a participation percentage that I have found to be a fairly steady figure that I have found when I check the numbers ..

Somewhere between 5 and 10 percent of a forums membership creates the bulk of the posts ..

Joe Pelonio
12-02-2006, 3:36 PM
I'm in the top half, and it's a little scary since I spend most of my time at just the laser forum and this one. On the other hand, post average per day could tell a story, since some people may have been here a lot longer than others.

Dennis Peacock
12-02-2006, 5:43 PM
Well, at least I'm in the top 3 ranks. :rolleyes:

Interesting stats Jack. Thanks.

Andy Hoyt
12-02-2006, 7:43 PM
Check your six, Hallagan! :D:cool:

Mitchell Andrus
12-02-2006, 7:53 PM
I feel like Richard Dryfus in Jaws - checking out his appendix scar.

Mitch

John Miliunas
12-02-2006, 9:01 PM
...or, #4:
I have two real jobs and I spend a LOT of my "free" time in the shop. (I also happen to have a computer in the shop!) :D :cool:

Frank Guerin
12-04-2006, 8:26 PM
It's not how much you say but what you say. That's why I'm in the bottom .oooooo1% still saying nothing but I would be on top if just checking in and learning from so many here with the exspirience and knowledge that are kind enough to share with the many like me.

Allen Bookout
12-04-2006, 9:24 PM
But it reveals a participation percentage that I have found to be a fairly steady figure that I have found when I check the numbers ..

Somewhere between 5 and 10 percent of a forums membership creates the bulk of the posts ..

I have never really looked at the numbers but I have noticed that, for the most part, it is the same group of members posting. We are lucky here that the bunch that post have some good information. That is not the case at some forums that I have taken a look at.

Interesting numbers! Thanks! Allen

Melvin Key
12-04-2006, 9:35 PM
The figures are interesting but from someone who doesn't talk much, I really appreciate the knowledge exhibited by those who do like to talk. This forum is just so much better in information, challenges and just a great place to be. I have been lurking for over a year and just joined recently. I enjoy the tutorials, especially with pictures. I try to visit everyones web site for more information and feel that I get to know quite a few of the members who do contribute so often.

Thanks guys and gals for making this such a great site.
Melvin

John Hart
12-04-2006, 10:14 PM
I know why my numbers are so high....I'm near a computer in almost every aspect of my life (for work purposes)...plus, I don't have any friends except here at SMC (must be something wrong with me :rolleyes: ) and I get a kick out of what everyone is doing....

The only time I can't post something is while I'm driving! I'll have to work on that.:)