PDA

View Full Version : A sure sign you've been turning too much

Ken Fitzgerald
12-02-2006, 12:12 AM
or turning the lathe off to check your mistakes!

This evening I was turning a new style pepper grinder as a Christmas gift for my mother or my MIL...depends on what SWMBO decides and the On-Off switch on my Jet Mini VS finally gave up the ghost and wouldn't shut off. I toyed with unplugging it for a short while making changes etc.....then I went to a local hardware store and bought a replacement SWITCH. ( The color is so Hoyt's weak aging eyes can see it.)

Steve Schlumpf
12-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Well thank goodness there is a happy ending to this story!!! Getting to close to Christmas to be without your lathe!

Andy Hoyt
12-02-2006, 12:24 AM
....then I went to a local hardware store and bought a replacement So now you have two lathes? Cool! :D

Harrumpff - two can play that game.

The quote is for Fitz's aging brain.

Bernie Weishapl
12-02-2006, 10:16 AM
ROFLOL That is good Andy.

David Fried
12-02-2006, 1:26 PM
Ken,

Great idea fixing it yourself! I hope your local hardware store had the correct OEM replacement switch for your lathe. It should look something like this ...

Ken Fitzgerald
12-02-2006, 1:40 PM
Sorry David..........the switch is for a Jet VS Mini........Not a chair!:eek: :D

Ken Fitzgerald
12-02-2006, 1:42 PM
David.....on a different note.............Didn' you send a box to me? If so, do you remember what type of wood that bowl blank is? I just found the box and was ogling the bowl blank.

Dennis Peacock
12-02-2006, 2:34 PM
David.....on a different note.............Didn' you send a box to me? If so, do you remember what type of wood that bowl blank is? I just found the box and was ogling the bowl blank.

It was a mistake Ken.....that box was supposed to come to me. :p :p :D

Ed Scolforo
12-02-2006, 3:05 PM
LOL, you guys are too much! And here I am, staring at the electrical connections on my new Gast pump like a moron, trying to figger out what goes where.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-02-2006, 3:30 PM
It was a mistake Ken.....that box was supposed to come to me. :p :p :D

I'll let you know how the bowl blank turns out Dennis!

Dennis Peacock
12-02-2006, 5:56 PM
I'll let you know how the bowl blank turns out Dennis!

ROFL!!!! Do me proud Ken!!!! And I KNOW you will. :D

David Fried
12-02-2006, 6:03 PM

Ken.

I remember sending the box. For me, that's amazing. I can't remember what half the wood in my own shop is. As I recall, at that time I had ample amounts of Black Walnut and Sugar Maple. Does it look anything like those?

Ken Fitzgerald
12-02-2006, 6:18 PM
I'll look at it again David....Maple maybe....ash?.......I'll check it out again in a few minutes when I go to the shop. I'm still trying to get the Bomb running again.