PDA

View Full Version : plane parts

Jake Helmboldt
12-01-2006, 5:29 PM
Awhile back someone listed the name of a place that has some Bailey replacement parts, notably the screw for the front of the tote on a #5 jack.

I don't recall the name and I can't seem to find the thread. Does anyone have any reccomendations? The place sold plastic totes complete with hardware, which is fine because I only need the screw and can use the plastic tote for a handle on a router table jig.

Thanks for any help.

Jake

Jim DeLaney
12-01-2006, 6:47 PM
Highland Hardware stocks some Stanley plane parts.

Also, Lori at Stanley has been much help in the past. Stanley does have a lot of old parts available. Call Lori at 1-800-262-2161, extension 55839.

Roy Griggs
12-01-2006, 7:03 PM
This may be what you are looking for...
http://www.stjamesbaytoolco.com/
roy

Roy Griggs
12-01-2006, 7:07 PM
Actually I doubt it's the same place but you can probably get the screw (but probably not the plastic).
roy

Ryan Cathey
12-01-2006, 7:36 PM
I have one for a 5 1/2C type 11. It's your's if you want it, free of charge.

-Ryan C.

Jake Helmboldt
12-01-2006, 8:02 PM
Jim, I thought I had looked at Highland, but that is indeed the site I was thinking of.

Ryan, PM sent.

Jake

Ken Werner
12-01-2006, 9:49 PM
Jake, Ryan's made you an offer you can't refuse, but for other parts, here's a place:
http://www.brasscityrecords.com/toolworks/BITS%20AND%20PIECES.htm
Ken

John Schreiber
12-02-2006, 1:33 AM
I recently ordered the "Bench Plane Screw Kit" (171903) from Highland Hardware because I was missing the same part on a 5C I picked up at a flea market. The kit came with a bewildering array of pieces. Apparently, there have been a variety of different threadings and screw lengths used over the years. To cover all that variation, the kit includes multiple lengths and threadings of many pieces.

I looked over the 78-year old parts on my plane and compared them with the fresh parts in the kit from Highland Hardware and picked the nicest looking one to use in the plane.