PDA

View Full Version : I Know There's A Workshop Out There Somewhere

Brad Townsend
12-01-2006, 9:07 AM
The midwest is kinda getting hammered this morning. I've got things to do, but it's kind of hard to make myself go out in this to get there.:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/btownsend/DSCN1240.jpg

The lights are a reflection off the window.

Bob Huddleston
12-01-2006, 9:12 AM
We have freezing rain, snow, and lots of wind. Makes me glad that my workshop is in the basement, with heated floor, and required no outdoor soujourn. Am making some bird feeders for Christmas gifts. Any other snowbound woodworkers doing wonderous things?

Be safe and well, all.

Bob

Ken Fitzgerald
12-01-2006, 9:16 AM
That thing passed through here last weekend and the beginning of this week. Hunker down folks! As my wife likes to say..."It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!".......It's still in the low teens at night.

Tom Jones III
12-01-2006, 9:22 AM
What is all that white stuff? And I think you need to clean your lens, things are looking a little foggy.

People just should not have to live where you can't wear shorts year round.

Steve Rowe
12-01-2006, 9:33 AM
Brad,
Despite all that yucky weather, you have a beautiful shop from the outside. I would love it if you posted pictures of the inside of your shop.

We got hit last night with a dusting of snow and a lot of cold air and wind. Now, if only the shop had heat.

Steve

Paul Kinneberg
12-01-2006, 9:56 AM
Brad I wish we would get the snow to so far just cold!! Then again i dont have my blowers ready so maybe snow wouldn't be good just yet. Have a great weekend and nice shop.

Nancy Laird
12-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Brad, It's kinda hard to sympathize if we don't know where you are. If it's Alabama, you have sympathy; if it's northern Michigan, no sympathy.

Nancy

Rennie Heuer
12-01-2006, 10:05 AM
What is all that white stuff? And I think you need to clean your lens, things are looking a little foggy.

People just should not have to live where you can't wear shorts year round.
The shorts are good for wading through the flooded streets during huricane season.....right? :eek:

Sorry, couldn't resist.:o

Dave Anderson NH
12-01-2006, 10:28 AM
If he managed to get onto a plane in St. Louis, stuck somewhere between there and Manchester NH is my friend Creeker Mark Stutz. He's supposed to be my house guest this weekend while we go to the Lie-Nielsen Demo day in Marlboro MA and visit with Creeker Roger Myers. Mark's plane is supposed to arrive at 12:30, but I'll bet that even if he gets off the ground in SL, the mess at Midway is really going to make him late. Remember that line about ,".... the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray."

Joe Pelonio
12-01-2006, 10:31 AM
Sorry about that, but I guess our nasty snowstorm had to go someplace.

Hey, that's an amazing shop, looks a lot better than many houses!!

Benjimin Young
12-01-2006, 10:49 AM
It is a pretty picture. make a great postcard.

If you get to the workshop, you can build a big shovel!

Ted Miller
12-01-2006, 10:53 AM
The weather was terrible this morning, it was 53 degrees and clear outside at 6:00am and I had to break out the winter shorts and over the calf socks today, I think we will only reach a high of 70 today and maybe 80 by the middle of next week, man I hate living in southern California. Makes me wish I was back in that wonderful Michigan weather for the 6 months of hell, I mean winter, don't miss it one bit...

Eddie Watkins
12-01-2006, 11:48 AM
I had to shovel the driveway this morning and it was not fun! I was able to get a car to the main road so we could get out(about 150'). The problem we have here is we get snow storms so seldom that we don't have good snow removal equipment so everything is by hand. We also don't have winter tires on our cars and most of us don't drive on snow enough to really know how so the highways become like a bumper car ride.
We had 7" of snow which was some kind of record for November storms around here, but it looks like the storm is dropping more snow as it heads north. Good luck to you folks northeast of here, I hope you don't have the wind we had. It sure caused some bad drifts.

Eddie

James Yockey
12-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Ya, I'm suffering right along with you. It's hard to get motivated to go out and work in the shop when it's in the mid 70s. There are so many things to do, like sweeping the driveway, cutting the lawn, gardening, we are still growing tomatos, bell peppers, and hot peppers out in the garden. I will say the Avocado trees don't like this cold snap (45-50 at night) we are having! I might have to put out the heaters.
Jim,

Jerry Olexa
12-01-2006, 4:33 PM
Yeah we got hammered too. About 10-12 inches. sorta pretty though

Dave Fifield
12-02-2006, 2:55 AM
Nice picture Brad. Reminds me of jolly old England and one of the main reasons I emigrated here.....and another reason why property around here is so expensive!

I've never seen it snow here. We do get a smattering of snow on the mountain tops (above about 3000') for a few weeks of the year - nice to look at from the valley floor!

Hey, we even had a "cat and dog warning" on the weather report the other night - they told us to bring our pets indoors because it was going to reach 32 degF. Trying to get my 4 outdoor cats in for the night was like.....trying to herd cats :rolleyes: :D. My max/min thermometer says it just dipped below 32 in the night. Nothing like you guys are getting though.

Throw another log on the fire and pass the toasting fork.....

:Dave F.

Frank Hagan
12-02-2006, 1:46 PM
The lights are a reflection off the window.

I thought you had a unique UFO formation there for a moment!

I have family in northwest MO, and they were hit with some pretty cold weather. Dave, I'll let them know San Jose had a "dog and cat warning" because it was going to be in the 30's ... they were actually worried about their cattle freezing.