PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
12-01-2006, 9:02 AM
December 1st, 2006

Good morning "Creekers".

Well, for a lot of you "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas". :D Here in the central and northern parts of the "Frozen Tundra" we are just cold. The snow is going south and east of us. :D

This weekend is go and find a tree for our first Christmas in our new home. :) It'll be the first real tree we'll have had in many years. That should just about take care of my weekend.

So what's on the agenda for your weekend?? Would I be guessing right that a lot of you will be digging out? :( Take it easy. Remember we're all a year older since that last time we had to shovel.

Whatever your doing, be safe and have a good weekend. :D

Karl

Steve Hayes
12-01-2006, 9:04 AM
Christmas tree also. Did the lights on the house last weekend. Maybe a big pot of chili also.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-01-2006, 9:14 AM
I've got a few pens to turn...........And some table leg extensions to turn for a friend........and finish some folding tables for my MIL...........

Larry Fox
12-01-2006, 9:15 AM
Hanging drywall tomorrow in my kitchen to get it closed in. Should be done with that by about 2:00pm (assuming I get up at a reasonable hour) then it's back to installing cabinet drawers etc. Crown molding being delivered today from Old World Moldings so that is the last of the materials I need - now it's up to me to get it all put together.

Al Willits
12-01-2006, 9:22 AM
Since the SIL had a accident the day before thanksgiving (she was hosting this year) she decided to have Famous Dave's for din din....
Wife and I are gonna try grilling a turkey saturday while I get to install the new dishwasher.
Hopefully some garage/shop time later sat, and sunday is get the snowblower out and running time, then more shop time.

Also may spend some time making my TS guard more user friendly and maybe see if I can fashion a riving knife for it, or find someone who makes one.
Still have to shim the bed on my jointer, and it might be a good time for that too.

Other than the dishwasher Beasty has said to stay out of her hair this weekend, seems she has stuff to do and I get in the way....YAAAAY!!!!

Al.....who thinks it pays to be a pest sometimes...

Jim O'Dell
12-01-2006, 9:24 AM
Since I have to work 8 to 1 tomorrow, I'm going to try to sneak out of here a little early and call Sam Blasco at Mini Max, if he is there, and finalize my BS tracking possible problem. If time and temperature permits, I may start hanging some insulation in the ceiling of the shop. That's my main task for thw weekend. I have 3 lights to rough wire before the insulation goes in. Stay warm!! Jim.

Larry Norton
12-01-2006, 9:41 AM
I'm doing my final show of the season in Crofton, Md. Here's a picture of some of my stuff.

Paul Kinneberg
12-01-2006, 9:50 AM
Nice looking "stuff" Larry.

Jim Becker
12-01-2006, 9:59 AM
I suspect that there will be a Christmas tree decorating festival at our home this weekend. In addition to the usualy running around on Satuday for dance class, karate class, a dentist appt for the younger and family dinner out, I'll be back on the cherry vanity project (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=45792&highlight=Vanity)...Wednesday on the way back from the DC area where I had a meeting with a "governmental agency", I stopped by Hearne Hardwoods (http://www.hearnehardwoods.com) and picked up a very nice cherry crotch to resaw for the door panels. (Pictures to be posted in the project thread later) Hopefully, I can get the doors built as well as the drawer boxes this weekend. And start thinking about what I'll build next after I finish this project up.

Andy Hoyt
12-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Alert! Alert!

Becker's gonna actually finish a project?

What's up with that?:D

Nancy Laird
12-01-2006, 10:04 AM
I'll be doing my last craft show of the season also--a biggie, with over 200 booths and THE must-attend show of the area. Sunday we get to finish the balance of the 2000 Christmas ornaments we've made for a client, then I get to start turning 15 pens for another client, lasering pen boxes, turning another 20 pens for another client, lasering pen boxes, lasering some glassware for yet another client, and...oh, yeah, gotta deliver bookmarks to the library for their grand opening on Monday. Gonna be a busy weekend. Anyone want to come do my laundry and cooking for the weekend???? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy

John Branam
12-01-2006, 10:06 AM
This weekend starts a string off christmas/holiday parties to attend or host every weekend this month.

Rennie Heuer
12-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Finish cleaning the shop, take some pictures, get ready for the next project.

Unfortunately, getting ready will include replacing a $90 ballast in one of my shop lamps - OUCH!

Laurie Brown
12-01-2006, 10:19 AM
No tree here this year - just me and the hubby, no guests, and probably no presents (no money), so no need for a tree. We have some lights up in our livingroom window, but where our house is located nobody can see us so we don't bother to decorate much either.

On the WW front I have 6 raised panel doors to assemble. Slight problem with them, though. Looks like I might have cut the panels just a hair too long on the vertical side, so I'll probably have to shave them down a bit before final assembly. After the doors are all together I have to finish them, then ready for final assembly of the cabinet.

Ted Miller
12-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Same here, the wife wants the Christmas stuff up this weekend and she hinted last night that the mantle was looking small, so I am leaving work early today so I can surprise her when she gets home tonight from work with a larger mantle installed I have been working on the last couple of days...

David Duke
12-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Hope to finally get into the shop to do some "real" woodworking, I haven't really been able to get any quality shop time since I finished the grandfather clock in June.

I'm sure that I will also be helping the LOML with inside Christmas decorations, our boys came over last Friday and put up all the outside lights :D :D ......pitch is a 10/12 and they know that I'm afraid of heights so they helped the old man out a lot!!

John Miliunas
12-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Will be at Job #2 tomorrow, pretty much all day. :( Will try and start on a small seiza bench for a friend here at work. Sunday is foooooball, some family time and maybe continue on the bench. Staying warm will be Job-1, by the sounds of it! :) :cool:

Dennis Peacock
12-01-2006, 1:05 PM
Howdy Karl,

Working the day job as well as still working on the computer desk project I was commissioned to make.

Fortunately, most all of the Christmas gifts are made, finished, and most of the delivered already. So that alone is a big sigh of relief.

Have a great weekend!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-01-2006, 1:08 PM
Alert! Alert!

What's up with that?:D

You might be a little premature Andy..........He's got two children and a DRSWMBO........;)

Mark Pruitt
12-01-2006, 1:16 PM
If by some chance I happen to get through the weekend without another lathe catastrophy I plan to have two more Christmas presents completed by Sunday night. If something else "bad" happens though you guys will hear me scream from Maine to Mississippi!

Jim Becker
12-01-2006, 2:53 PM
Alert! Alert!

What's up with that?

It happens, Andy...it just takes longer these days. But I'm very thankful I get shop time now. It wasn't that way earlier in the year. And since the new mortgage has been approved...I pretty much officially have a LOT of projects to finish in the next, oh, 8-9 months.

Andy Hoyt
12-01-2006, 2:58 PM
An eight month mortage! Cool!

What's the interest rate? :D:D

Fred Voorhees
12-01-2006, 3:31 PM
Heading down to Cape May, NJ to get in at least a days worth of striped bass fishing. Other than that - ?

Jack Dickey
12-01-2006, 4:09 PM
Got all my glue ups done ( waiting for one set to dry ) on a Corner Cupboard LOML commissioned ( ordered ?? ) me to do ..
Just finished sanding two of the glue ups , fixing to go mark 'em for cutting , hope the chain saw cuts straight this time ...

Matt Meiser
12-01-2006, 4:12 PM
I need to spend at least one day working. I have a project I need to wrap up by early next week. I just got home from a work trip about and hour ago and sprayed primer on the back blade for my tractor, so that will get a coat of John Deere Green tomorrow afternoon. Sunday night I'm heading back down to Columbus for the same customer.