PDA

View Full Version : Help opening attachments

David Griffiths
12-01-2006, 8:21 AM
Hi all,
I've tried to open a couple of .cdr files to no avail
I've tried using the search engine with things like "help opening an attachmet" or "open attachment" with no luck (must be doing something wrong I guess)
If anyone could point me in the right direction (do I have to change some setttings or other things) I would be very gratefull

Thanks
David

Joe Pelonio
12-01-2006, 8:40 AM
You have to type in the suffix .cdr when you save it. Windows calls it an html file (default). This from another thread:

Dont double click on the file that you are trying to download.

right click
save as
when the save as window comes up add .cdr to the name of the file where you are going to save it to
click ok
then try open with Corel

Jeff

David Griffiths
12-01-2006, 9:16 AM
Hi Joe,
Thanks for that, worked a treat.

Regards
Dave

Dennis Shenk
12-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Hello all "Creekers" great and small.

I'm new here and have had the same problems as many others. My solution and the only thing that seems to work for me is to open the attached .cdr file (right click then open in new window). Then close that window and right click again this time chose "save as" and change the .html to .cdr. If I don't try to open the file first I can only save the attachment as .gif and that never works. I hope this helps.

If I had not found this forum I may not have taken the plunge.

Thanks to all

Dennis

BTW I have an Epilog Helix 45W

Mitchell Andrus
12-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Welcome Dennis.

Start a 'newbie' thread to introduce yourself. This thread is a bit old and won't be seen by most of us.

Attachments are a real pain, but can be a lifesaver when you get help from another laserhead by lunchtime.

Mitch