PDA

View Full Version : Epi-gloat :)

Dave Fifield
12-01-2006, 6:42 AM
Sorry, but I have to gloat somewhere :D .....my new Epilog 36EXT arrived today, delivered flawlessly by FedEx Freight exactly on schedule. It only just fit through the back door of my home office - about 1/4" to spare!!

Installation was real easy and it works beautifully.

Obligatory picture (click to see the full size version):

http://www.ubersprang.com/laser/CIMG1795s.jpg (http://www.ubersprang.com/laser/CIMG1795.jpg)

Now I'm exploring the vector cutting settings that I need for my marquetry veneer cutting etc. Fun, fun, fun! :)

Cheers,
:Dave F.

Bob Reda
12-01-2006, 6:45 AM
Dave,

Congrats on the new laser. Looks like you'll be busy for some time to come:)

Bob

Dave Rawn
12-01-2006, 6:50 AM
Congratulations on a great laser, wish that was sitting in my shop.:)

Joe Pelonio
12-01-2006, 8:44 AM
Too clean and shiny.

Please do take a few minutes to eat something this weekend, Dave, hard as it may be. Enjoy!!

Ed Maloney
12-01-2006, 8:48 AM
Dave - Please check your shipping invoice. I believe that new laser was supposed to be delivered to my house. But, you can borrow it for a little while.

Congrats!

Dave Jones
12-01-2006, 5:57 PM
Cool. I'm sure you'll love it.

I assume there's an exhaust duct hiding behind it somewhere. I'm so used to seeing big pipes coming off in one direction or another. That looks like a showroom. ;)

James Rambo
12-02-2006, 12:01 AM
I have to second joe's thought. When I got my epilog legend 32 60 watt, I could not and did not leave the room for most of the day. The guy that I bought mine from, came the next day (from Atlanta Ga. to SW Florida) and showed us how to use it for a couple hours. That was all it took to get me and the wife comfortable with the machine. We have not stopped hurrying home from our day job to use it. We have recommended Epilog to every one that asks since then.

Leigh Costello
12-02-2006, 1:52 AM
Dave,

Now and then, you must remember to sleep and to at least say hello to your family and friends once a day.

Leigh

Dave Fifield
12-02-2006, 2:32 AM
Thanks everyone! I knew you fellow laserites would understand my need to gloat a bit :rolleyes:. Apologies on the picture. The color balance is awful isn't it? My old camera just came back from the repair shop where this problem was supposedly fixed (under warranty). Didn't do a very good job did they?

Actually, I was up to 4am last night playing with the new laser! I have plans to help a fellow local woodworker make some large acrylic router templates (so he can make a sign for our local "Agricultural Sciences" facility) tomorrow. With that, and a couple of other jobs I have planned, I think it's a very good bet I will be using it all weekend..... :D

The couple that bought my old Mini 24 laser came over and collected it earlier this evening. It was funny to see that they had exactly the same feelings of elation and eagerness to get stuck into new projects as I did when my new one arrived :). I expect they will join up here soon, if they haven't done so already.

Cheers,
:Dave F.

Added - there are two 6" vent ports at the back Dave. I fitted two 4" duct adapters to them for now, since I couldn't find any 6" fittings locally. The two 4" ports go to a Y connector and thence to an exhaust fan which is outside the house. The 4" pipe etc. is all nicely hidden behind the laser. Not hard to do.....this thing is BIG!!