PDA

View Full Version : Hartville Tool has Great Customer Service!

jonathan snyder
12-01-2006, 1:23 AM
I must say I am really impressed with Hartville Tool. I live in Alaska and shipping charges often make or break the deal when it comes to mail order. We never get free shipping dealslike you folks in the lower 48, and shipping charges are often outrageous. Some companies will try to charge more to ship an item than the purchase price. I placed an order last night with Hartville (my third order with these folks) for some casters and other miscellaneous items, which I cant get locally. I received an e-mail form their customer service this morning say shipping would be $24.00, they said the box weighed 11 lbs. I wrote back asking if the items would not fit into two USPS flat rate priority boxes for $8.10 each. I full well expected a reply saying thanks for the suggestion, but shipping will be $24.00. To my surprise I was told the at my suggestion the shipping manager, checked and the items will fit into one flat rate box, so shipping rates for the lower 48 will apply; $11.00.

These folks are great! I have gotten nothing but exemplary customer service and great products from them

Jonathan

Ken Garlock
12-01-2006, 1:10 PM
I must say I am really impressed with Hartville Tool. I live in Alaska and shipping charges often make or break the deal when it comes to mail order. We never get free shipping dealslike you folks in the lower 48, and shipping charges are often outrageous. Some companies will try to charge more to ship an item than the purchase price. I placed an order last night with Hartville (my third order with these folks) for some casters and other miscellaneous items, which I cant get locally. I received an e-mail form their customer service this morning say shipping would be $24.00, they said the box weighed 11 lbs. I wrote back asking if the items would not fit into two USPS flat rate priority boxes for $8.10 each. I full well expected a reply saying thanks for the suggestion, but shipping will be $24.00. To my surprise I was told the at my suggestion the shipping manager, checked and the items will fit into one flat rate box, so shipping rates for the lower 48 will apply; $11.00.

These folks are great! I have gotten nothing but exemplary customer service and great products from them

Jonathan

Jonathan, that is great to hear.:cool:

Those that know Hartville Tool will not be surprised. Hartville Tool is located in Hartville Ohio in the local Amish farmer area. Fairness and honestly is an attribute the people of Hartville have grown up with. The store is Hartville Tool and Hardware, and is about the size of a large Supermarket. I could spend hours just browsing. The mail order division is down the road about 1/4 mile.