PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to SMC being in Woodcraft Mag.

Jason Tuinstra
11-30-2006, 9:00 PM
Well, I'm trying to relax on the couch with my newly arrived Woodcraft Mag and low and behold I read this headline: "Creekers trick buddies into taking up woodturning." What? Yep, SMC's very own Andy Hoyt, Frank Chaffee, Tyler Howell, and Keith Outten have an excellent article that will make you proud to be associated with SMC. Great job guys!!! Outstanding.

Roy Wall
11-30-2006, 9:15 PM
Well, I'm trying to relax on the couch with my newly arrived Woodcraft Mag and low and behold I read this headline: "Creekers trick buddies into taking up woodturning." What? Yep, SMC's very own Andy Hoyt, Frank Chaffee, Tyler Howell, and Keith Outten have an excellent article that will make you proud to be associated with SMC. Great job guys!!! Outstanding.

Jason - Good news!!

How do you like the Magazine......my latest Woodcraft flyer has it for only $9/yr......surely it's worth that!!:) :confused:

Charlie Plesums
12-01-2006, 9:45 AM
I am not planning on renewing...

The plans are pedantic ... "hold piece E by the ends as you pass it over the jointer" ... with no overview to understand what you are building. Somewhat like Wood magazine. Since the projects are slightly more advanced, I would have hoped that they could assume some of us are more advanced, and would prefer an overview rather than step by step (or in addition to step by step)

I saw one piece that looked like a nice project, and have spent a couple hours trying to understand without "attach piece a to the wide end of piece b"

Jason Tuinstra
12-01-2006, 10:12 AM
They cover SMC so how bad can it be? :p

I doubt that I will renew as well. Some of the articles are interesting, but I haven't found enough stimuli to justify the subscription.

Benjimin Young
12-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Love to see the article but don’t subscribe.

Would it be ethical to post it here?

Andy Hoyt
12-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks Jason. But the real congrats should go out to all the folks who participated in our event last summer.

Benjamin - Here's a link (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=46850) to a similar thread where you can find it.

I caution you however, it's in the Turning Forum so, "Be prepared". :D