PDA

View Full Version : Not a good day

Jim King
11-30-2006, 5:22 PM
The leader of the village we have worked with for sevaral years just left the office. He had just received a message from down river that his 15 year old son, the youngest was killed by an electric eel while swimming. Not an uncommon thing but very close as the boy spent quite a bit of time here at the office with his dad.
It seems like every Christmas there is something. It is now 5 in the afternoon and he just left with the things he needs for the funeral, some boards and nails for the coffin (must be family made) , coffee, candles, sugar cane liquer and some chickens for soup for the village. He should be there by midnight.

Ed Scolforo
11-30-2006, 5:38 PM
Jim, I'm really sorry to hear this news. It seems that all around me there have been too many young lives being taken by tragedy lately. What could be worse for a parent than to see their child go before them? I give my utmost sympathy to all involved.
Ed

Dennis Peacock
11-30-2006, 6:38 PM
Jim,

I'm sorry to hear of this tragic loss. I will remember the family in my thoughts and prayers.

Norman Hitt
11-30-2006, 6:49 PM
I'm sure sorry to hear of that tragedy, Jim. It's really a coincidence that just last night I was watching "Animal Planet", (IIRC) and they had a segment on that electric eel in the Amazon, and showed it in action killing fish and almost immobilizng a Cayman, and stated that it could kill a human easily. My thoughts are with you, his family and friends.

Bruce Shiverdecker
11-30-2006, 8:55 PM
It has been said that no parent should ever have to outlive their children. The pain is uncalculable. My thought, too, are with you, him, and his family.

Bruce

John Hart
11-30-2006, 9:02 PM
Man...that's terrible. My heart goes out to them and all of you who will miss him.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-30-2006, 9:24 PM
My sympathies...to you and your friend and his family ........

John Miliunas
11-30-2006, 9:32 PM
Jim, I can't even begin to imagine what that family must be going through right now. Please, when you can, send along our sympathies and prayers.

Jack Dickey
11-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Sheesh , thats bad , our prayers are with them ..
LOML's son ( my stepson ) took his own life almost seven years ago , it's tuff ..

Mark Rios
12-01-2006, 1:06 AM
Please add my well wishes to the group here please Jim. that is terrible news and I do hope you, your family, your staff and his family and friends are able to make it through this tough time. Very sorry.

John Bailey
12-01-2006, 7:43 AM
Tough news,

Let them know we are thinking of them in this time of sorrow for them.

John