PDA

View Full Version : DW735 Planer Slipping?

Paul Zonneveld
11-30-2006, 2:13 PM
I was planing some purple heart, ash and walnut last weekend and had some real slipping issues with the feed rollers in the 735. I stopped and used some rubbing alcohol to clean off the exposed portion of the rollers. This did not seem to help. How do I clean the rollers and what do I use to clean them. I was reaching in under the planer and wiping down the exposed areas of the rollers, but how do I wipe down the un-exposed portion of the roller. How do you get to them. Are there any other issues that would cause the slipping?

Scott D Johnson
11-30-2006, 2:23 PM
I had the same problem and solved it by putting in new knives It seems that if they were "dull" it is harder for the outfeed roller to pull the board through "hence the slipping". Some people attibrute this problem to manufacturer's defect in the drive mechanism. But as I said my experience was putting new knives solved the problem.
You may want to call call Dewalt customer service and see if your serial# is covered under the manufacturer defect.
Seel this thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=32024

Scott Donley
11-30-2006, 2:25 PM
Hi, you might try cleaning and WAXING the table, it might look clean, but I have found on my old delta, this was the reason for slipping, not the rollers.

Jim Hinze
11-30-2006, 3:51 PM
On my DW733, if the table and platen is not waxed and I have dull knives, it will slip, more on one side than the other....