PDA

View Full Version : Tool Test: Hybrid Table Saws

Scott Loven
11-30-2006, 9:48 AM
Tool Test: Hybrid Table Saws (http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/articles/showarticle.asp?articleID=2443&position=1&type=article&partID=1) Includes the new Steel city Hybrid. Just thought I would pass it on.

Scott

glenn bradley
11-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Thanks Scott. I had already seen it but am always glad for the article or review referrals from my fellow Creekers.

Bryan Somers
11-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the article. With more of these saws coming on the market it very well may be what I go with when I can scape up the funs for a new saw

Noah Katz
11-30-2006, 2:23 PM
It's a pretty narrow review.

Apparently the guy is in a hurry to shove stock through for making his snowboards, and overstresses that aspect of performance.

Interesting that the SC isn't as smooth as the essentially identical Craftsman, though.

Mike Cutler
11-30-2006, 7:00 PM
Interesting article, a little narrow in scope though. The author has a very specific use for a tablesaw, so I guess that was what defined his test criteria. If I was really looking for rip speed and power, I would have never even looked at any of those saws. Wrong tool(s) for a production line enviorment.

I can only speak about the General 50-220. I own one and like it quite a bit.

Greg Peterson
12-01-2006, 1:17 AM
They guy went to alot of time and effort to provide some good info. I found the review interesting. Some items were more relevent to my needs than others.

I'm not a production grade facility. My needs are fundementally different than that of a facility that has a financial stake in speed and accuracy. I just need accuracy.

I can cut corners on speed, but accuracy is not negotiable.