PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic tile help...

Herman Jeroue
11-30-2006, 8:54 AM
Hi
I have been trying to put clip art designs on ceramic tile. The problem is that after one pass I then put India ink on the tile but it only shows a light grey design. After making two passes and applying the ink it shows a dark design.
I have a Versalaser 200 with 30 watt power. I run it in the Ceramic setting at .320 depth and zero intensity. I have tried running in with the Stone/marble setting and also the glass setting, no different results. Is there anyone who might give me a better idea on this problem?

Thank you in advance and have a wonderful, Merry Christmas and a safe and sober New Year.
Herman Jeroue :-)

Bill Cunningham
12-03-2006, 12:41 AM
Hi.. I was digging through the archives, and found this message.. No one has given a answer !!
Here is a sample of a wall tile (home depot)..
Cermark makes a coating particularly for ceramic, but the ordinary stuff works well too.. I have a Epilog TT24 35 watt. The settings for this were 300dpi 20% speed 100% power The photo was from a digital camera 3mpx, converted to greyscale, and processed in photograv using the standard white face /black core IPI plastic setting.. I have also used the turtle wax black color cure polish to create the same effect, only slow down the speed till it cuts through the ceramic coating to the clay, then coat with the color cure, let dry, wipe off, and spray a coat of clear laquer over it.. After spraying a good coat of laquer, hold it up and blow across the surface.. This will eliminate the tiny air bubbles that sometimes form and otherwise screw up a nice finish.. The sample attached was done with ordinary cermark, the same stuff you use for stainless.