PDA

View Full Version : DVD to iPod software

Tim Sproul
11-29-2006, 11:18 PM
Anyone do this?

I've got a DVD library I'd like to rip for play on my iPod.

Google and there are more software hits than there are software companies....making me think plenty of them aren't worth a penny. If you have recommendations, I'm listening :) .

Larry Cooke
12-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Tim,

I too just bought a video iPod and I'm using DVDFab for my ripping. Works real well and is easy to use.

It can be found at www_dvdfab_com. (just replace the _ with periods.)

Larry

Kevin Brown
12-01-2006, 2:05 PM
I thought iTunes software did this? Is there a reason not to use it?

We don't have an iPod yet but that will change at Christmas ;)

Mitchell Andrus
12-01-2006, 2:36 PM
Kevin - your sig is wrong. It's... Dyslexics of the world, untie. Untie, I say!

(I had to spell check that. Sheesh!)

Mitch

Cary Falk
12-01-2006, 3:24 PM
Kevin, Most movies are encrypted so you just can't rip it off the DVD. You need a program like DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, DVD Fab Decrypter, etc. I am no expert since My wife and daughter have only had theirs for a little under a year, but the iPod seems to be kind of peticular what type of files it converts. I have tried to convert 2 videos of the same file type and it converted one but not the other. I believe it would be easiest to get a 3rd party software. I have been evaluating shareware from zdnet and haven't found one I really like yet. Also be aware that if you computer crashes and you loose your ipod stuff, the ipod will not transfer/restore your songs from the ipod to the computer/ipod library. You will need a 3rd party software for that also. I think ipod sucks in that way but my wife and daughter loves it.

Kevin Brown
12-01-2006, 7:50 PM
Cary,

This is good information to know

THANK YOU