PDA

View Full Version : Formica to match Delta Gray

Randy Graham
11-28-2006, 7:56 PM
Hello folks. First time posting here, but have lurked for a while, picking up some good stuff from you guys. In fact, I just finished assembling a new Unisaw purchased from Redmond Machinery based upon info obtained from this site. Awesome deal. Thanks.

My question: Does anyone know the Formica or Wilsonart, etc. laminate color (color code number) that Delta uses on its Table extensions?

I am going to be building several work tables, carts, etc. and would like to match the tops to the Delta saw.

Thanks again. I look forward to participating more here as my shop progresses.

Randy

Scott Hochuli
11-28-2006, 8:57 PM
Randy,
I don't know the exact color, but fwiw, I used Wilsonart Dove Grey(D92-60) on my outfeed table, however, it is darker than the delta grey. Looking through my wilsonart chain, I would say Platinum (D315-60) is very close. As is Fashion Grey (D381-60), but a little light.

Of course, there is no telling how much my table extension has faded over the last 4 years?

Randy Graham
11-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks Scott, I think I'll go to Lowes or some place that carries Delta tools and the laminate samples and do an in-store comparison.

Brad Townsend
11-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Not to rain on your parade Randy, because it is a great saw (I've got one), but if it's a Bies fence system, you might want to go ahead and make yourself another extension table while your at it. Good saw, good fence, but many, including me, have had problems with the extension table. Among the complaints have been warps, sags and laminate curling up on the edges. I had my first one replaced under warranty and the second one is no better than the original. (I will give Bies credit for trying. I phoned them and they shipped me out a new one, no questions asked.) Fortunately, this is one problem the end user can replace on their own. And you can use any shade of laminate you want and get a total match!:D My new extension table is one of my "between projects" projects, which I will get to sometime in the next five years or so.:rolleyes:

Robert Waddell
11-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Quick, someone tell me where can I buy Delta gray paint? I didn't know our shops had to be color coordinated. Someone should have told me! I made a mistake and bought some machines that are cream, and green. If that's not bad enough I have some shop furnishings with no paint or laminate on them at all! Oh no! What's a guy to do! :D

Seriously Randy, you may want to do what Brad suggested. I've not had laminate troubles with my table but other issues with the alignment, legs and overall light duty make me believe that I'll be replacing it in the near future.

BTW, I kinda like gray in my shop.

Rob