PDA

View Full Version : McNaughton Coring System on Clearance at Woodcraft?

Adam Bauer
11-28-2006, 9:31 AM
After seeing Mike's pre-gloat about getting the McNaughton Standard system yesterday I thought I'd mention that I was at my local woodcraft (Fort Worth, Texas) about 2 weeks ago and all of the McNaughton stuff was in the clearance section at either 40 or 50% off. They had the big set, the small set, and a third set that didn't have any blades but rather looked like some kind of support set-up, for external mounting maybe?? Anyhow it was all on big sale and I didn't know if any other stores had it on clearance or if it was just at the local store. If you're thinking about getting one you might want to check out your woodcraft and see.

John Miliunas
11-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Adam, first off, thanks for the heads up! Secondly, for those ready to run to their local WC store, I'd probably pick up the phone, first. Most WC stores are independently owned and by no means does Store B necessarily carry the same items Store A does. Stuff common from their corporate catalog is either carried or can easily be ordered but, things like the McNaughton system are often independent ventures into specific items. I think WC Corp. used to carry the McNaughton system as a regular item (I forget for sure) but, I think it may be a "discontinued item". If your local store has any and it is discontinued, good deals can certainly be had. Adam, I'd jump on it!!! :) For the rest of you guys/gals, just thought I might save you some gas. OTOH, it's always fun taking a trip down to the candy store, ain't it? :D :cool:

Mike Vickery
11-28-2006, 10:25 AM
I have to agree with John on this. I always check Woodcraft since I get a 10% discount from my turning club and without the shipping cost they can sometimes have a good price. Mine does not carry it and said it would probably be within 2 weeks or so if their wharehouse had it in stock.

Then again it cant hurt to try. For 50% off I would have got the combo set.

Dario Octaviano
11-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Mind telling mw which particular store?

I am having someone contact them and see if a friend can buy a set (or a combo) for me.

Thanks!!!

Reed Gray
11-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Our Woodcraft store used to keep all of the KM stuff in stock. They now can order it for us if we want it. I usually don't like to wait when I want a tool.
robo hippy

Adam Bauer
11-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Mind telling mw which particular store?

I am having someone contact them and see if a friend can buy a set (or a combo) for me.

Thanks!!!

Dario,

Its the store on Lands End Blvd (right off of 30, next to the Ridgemar Mall). Hopefully they still have it. They only had one each of the Large Set, Small Set, and the other unknown set when I checked last.

Here is the info from Woodcrafts Site for you:

Green Oaks Rd @ IH30 2400 Lands End Blvd Fort Worth, TX 76116 Phone: (817) 569-0777 Fax: (817) 569-0888 ft-worth-retail@woodcraft.com

Dario Octaviano
11-28-2006, 3:00 PM
Adam,

Thanks. I called but was told they only carry the small size. I believe they only have one available now.

Have to pass it up...since I realy want/need the standard size.