PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in driving - Day off today!

Joe Pelonio
11-28-2006, 9:01 AM
I'm off today, for sure! Last night about 6pm the roads were clear and it was not snowing, so I decided to run down to Home Depot, a distance of 6 miles to pick up a few things. Big mistake. When I got there it started to snow, heavily. I was only in there 5 minutes, but when I left it was sticking to the roads. After I went up the first hill it was a whiteout. I could barely see the tailights of the car in front of me. Plus thunder and lightning. Within a mile or so the traffic stopped. I got home after 9pm. Every little hill, the small cars would spin and slide, until people jumped out to push them, or they parked and walked away, abandoning their cars. With 4wd I had no trouble at all the whole time, but just spent a lot of time waiting. In that short time we got about 8". Now it's 18F so we have 2"+ of solid ice with snow on top of it, no way I'm going anywhere in that today. All over the freeways in the Seattle area people spent the night in their cars and have still not gotten home from last night's commute, so I guess I was lucky. By the way I reccomend the BF Goodrich LongTrail T/A tires, they got me back without any slipping (just got them Friday).

Keel McDonald
11-28-2006, 9:36 AM
Joe

I saw some of those same "snow showers" on MNF last night. It was really coming down, at least in the first part of the game. Living in the east, I never get to see the end of the game. It made for an interesting game, however.

Joe Pelonio
11-28-2006, 9:47 AM
Joe

I saw some of those same "snow showers" on MNF last night. It was really coming down, at least in the first part of the game. Living in the east, I never get to see the end of the game. It made for an interesting game, however.
I only got to see the first and last 5 minutes, the rest of the game I had to listen to on the car radio. Must have made the Packers feel at home.