PDA

View Full Version : Are you in the market for a new chuck

Mike Vickery
11-27-2006, 11:15 AM
http://www.woodchipshome.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=WC&Category_Code=CHU

Charles has been running daily specials for a while now if you are interested in a new chuck you would have to jump on these today.

I had been pricing the Titan and 229.99 is by far the best best price I have seen anywhere. Not sure what the others usually go for but Charle's prices are usually the best around. Unfortunately a new chuck is not in my budget right now since I just bought a coring system on Friday (was that a stealth gloat:rolleyes: ).

Pete Jordan
11-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Which one did you buy?

Mike Vickery
11-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Which one did you buy?

The standard McNaughton. Somehow I think that package is not going to make it to under the tree but will need to be stored in my shop.

Dario Octaviano
11-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Mike,

Where did you buy yours? How much?

I can almost feel/taste mine too (McNaughton Standard w/ extended post) since LOML gave me the go signal to get one :D

Reed Gray
11-27-2006, 12:11 PM
You may want to add the small and medium curved blades on the mini set. I use them for the last core or 2 all of the time.
robo hippy

Mike Vickery
11-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Dario,
I went with CSU for 255.99
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=095-0140
I called them to make sure that the post length was right and the guy was not sure but said he would throw a longer post in the box for me. I think we are in the same boat with 20 inch swing lathes. I recall when researching the Mc Naughton someone posting a contact name that was the McNaughton US distributor that would send you a post blank if the post that comes with it does not fit your lathe, but I have no idea where I read that and no patience to wait for another package to come.

I found this after I ordered
http://www.thewoodtradesman.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TW&Category_Code=KWTCS

Mark Pruitt
11-27-2006, 12:45 PM
I just bought a coring system on Friday (was that a stealth gloat:rolleyes: ).
More like a stealth "pre-gloat," since the merchandise has not yet arrived. I think the pic police allow a grace period of only so much time before issueing a NGC (Non-Gloat Citation). You might need to check with Mr. Hoyt to verify that.:D :D :D

Kurt Rosenzweig
11-27-2006, 12:45 PM
That stinks! I'm a little late on that deal too! I did bookmack it though. Thanks Mike. The Bob Sweazey gouge looks worthy of a try.

Dario Octaviano
11-27-2006, 2:32 PM
Mike,

Thank you for the link!:)

Dario Octaviano
11-27-2006, 3:31 PM
BTW...that is a really great price for the Titan...but it is kinda low on my wish list right now. and I have to be content with my Talon for now.

Coring tool is on the top...followed by a hollowing system (the Scorpion blems most likely) :D

Kurt Forbes
11-28-2006, 7:45 AM
I just received a supernova 2 from him yesterday.
I so want to take the day off and play with the new toy.

Charles E. Martin V
11-28-2006, 8:29 AM
LOL, I think I'm responsible for more missed days of work than anyone I know.

Mike Vickery
11-28-2006, 10:26 AM
LOL, I think I'm responsible for more missed days of work than anyone I know.

We are going to have to nick name you "The Flu".

Mark Pruitt
11-28-2006, 10:30 AM
How about, "I cannot come in to work today, I am suffering from acute abysseritis.":eek:

For some of us, that would be chronic abysseritis.