PDA

View Full Version : Delta 36-255L 12" CMS Blade Thoughts?

Jeff Weight
11-27-2006, 10:55 AM
I stumbled upon this Delta 12" CMS at Osh this weekend. It was 50% off and I couldn't resist. It will replace my 20+ year old Hitachi 10" MS.

Now I need to buy it a decent blade and am looking for recommendations. On the Hitachi I used a Freud 80 tooth Teflon blade. As I'll probably have this blade for the next 8 to 10 years I want a good one.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeremy Gibson
11-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Jeff,

Welcome to the creek! Your first post and it's a gloat to boot. How about a picture to satisfy the Pic Police?

Congrats on the saw! I got the same one as a gift this past summer and used it with the OEM blade to finish my deck railing. I can't recommend a new blade myself, but will be watching this thread with interest. I can say I love this saw!!

Joe Trotter
11-29-2006, 8:52 PM
I am going to keep an eye on this one. My DW705 is 11 years old and needs two new blades. I have a 36 and a 80 tooth Dewalt brand.

From what I have been reading some of the other brands are better?

Thanks, Joe

Mark Ebert
11-30-2006, 5:58 PM
When I bought my DW705 a few years ago, the first thing I did was to buy a Forrest Chopmaster blade for it. The price was high ($109) but well worth the money spent. After all this time, its finally ready to be re-sharpened. This blade provides an excellent cut.

-Mark

Joe Trotter
12-01-2006, 2:42 PM
When I bought my DW705 a few years ago, the first thing I did was to buy a Forrest Chopmaster blade for it. The price was high ($109) but well worth the money spent. After all this time, its finally ready to be re-sharpened. This blade provides an excellent cut.

-Mark

Thanks, I did a search on that blade and found allot of great info.

Jim Becker
12-01-2006, 2:55 PM
I used to run a very common blade on my CMS. Then I bought a Forrest ChopMaster on sale. Now I actually use the saw...

And it may be your lucky day...an SMC member has several for sale in the SMC Free Classifieds "as we speak".