PDA

View Full Version : Wife's Christmas Present - DONE!

Dave Fifield
11-27-2006, 2:47 AM
I got lucky. My wife wanted a new vehicle for Christmas this year. She's been putting up with an aging Dodge Grand Caravan for many years, so I couldn't say no.

I had her do some research into what model she wanted. She liked being up high with a good view of the road, and she liked the idea of helping the environment out a bit, but she wanted to be able to carry a bit of stuff still.

We ended up buying a very nice silver grey 2WD 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid (photo later) in the T'giving "sale". She loves it. I have many many forgivness points to cash in now! :D

What are you guys getting SWMBO/LOYL this year?

:Dave F.

Mitchell Andrus
11-27-2006, 8:38 AM

I'm giving my wife Dave!!!

Mitch

John Miliunas
11-27-2006, 8:50 AM
Not exactly sure what I'm getting her, yet, though I think she's giving me leather goods! :D Belt in the mouth and a boot in the pants! :eek:

Dave, let us know what kind of "real world" mileage you guys get with that new hybrid. And, of course, good/bad points. :) :cool:

Jim Becker
11-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the hybrid family!! (From a two-hybrid vehicle household...) VERY nice holiday gift!

I have absolutely no idea what holiday gifts are going to be...we've only discussed a few things for the girls at this point...but I guess I'd have to say that our home addition will be a mutual "gift". (I'm dropping off the very scary mortgage papers today at the the lunch hour)

Rennie Heuer
11-27-2006, 11:19 AM

We're a bit shy in the disposable income department this year soooooooo.... My gift will be to take a week off from work and spend the entire time finishing all the projects around the house that are 'partially' complete. Trim out a half dozen windows, some painting, some wiring, a little furniture building, etc.

What am I getting? The LOML will be working along side me. :)

Michael Cody
11-27-2006, 12:05 PM
I have many many forgivness points to cash in now! :D

Remember Dave -- a house or a rose, they count the same in the brownie point department ... all it takes is one above average oops to erase them all.

On the Xmas Front:

My wifed wanted an MP3 player -- she works for the school system running the daycare sites. But she also works some office time. Here boss gives Saxophone lessons in the next room and listens to Jazz all day. (for me ok -- for her torture). So she's got a new Apple Shuffle coming.

I also am taking some time off for the end of the year to work on some honey-do's that have been doing for a year or more now.. (yeah I am sure I am not the only one!). It's a lean xmas here.. taking the Dave Ramsey approach, the kids are getting clothes (they need them) and one big item, I am making almost all the other gifts we are giving to relatives. Lots of pepper mill/salt shaker sets and a couple of keepsake boxes.

Joe Jensen
11-27-2006, 12:56 PM
We ended up buying a very nice silver grey 2WD 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid (photo later) in the T'giving "sale". She loves it. I have many many forgivness points to cash in now! :D

Cash those points in now, in my experience they expire quickly..joe

Carl Eyman
11-27-2006, 1:02 PM
I need advice on my wife's Xmas gift. On her eightieth birthday I gave here a pair of diamond earings. Unfortuneately she lost one receently. The jeweler says he can match the survivor, but it would be a lot cheaper to buy her half set of earmuffs. What do you people think?

John Miliunas
11-27-2006, 3:10 PM
I need advice on my wife's Xmas gift. On her eightieth birthday I gave here a pair of diamond earings. Unfortuneately she lost one receently. The jeweler says he can match the survivor, but it would be a lot cheaper to buy her half set of earmuffs. What do you people think?

Hmmm...Tough call but, seeing as to how you reside in LA, I'll play devil's advocate and say you should probably go for the earing! :D :cool:

Jerry Olexa
11-27-2006, 3:16 PM
I'm thinking of getting her a nice new Leigh dovetail jig. I'm sure she'll really enjoy it!!:) :D

Rennie Heuer
11-27-2006, 3:27 PM
I'm thinking of getting her a nice new Leigh dovetail jig. I'm sure she'll really enjoy it!!:) :D

....and use the back of a lawyers business card as a gift tag! :D :D :D :D

Joe Pelonio
11-27-2006, 7:00 PM
Mine has been doing more than hinting that she wants 12 place settings of Fiesta dinnerware. My oldest daughter has already gotten the first two, so if I can get the other two to come up with one each I can finish off with the last 8. Funny thing is she wants each one in a different color and there are 15 colors, so we have to guess which ones she likes the least. Some of them go back to 1936, the last 7 were added since 2000.

John Schreiber
11-28-2006, 1:33 AM
My lovely wife does the Sunday crossword every week. The way it's layed out in our paper, it doesn't quite fit on a standard clipboard. I'm making her a slightly longer clipboard out of 1/4" maple and some hardware from Lee Valley.

That and a nice pen (she never makes mistakes) attached with a chain.

Lou Ferrarini
11-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Believe it or not, my wife wanted a new storm door for the front door (one of those full view glass types). She likes leaving the front door open to get a lot of sunlight in.

Went to the BORG this past weekend and picked up the Anderson. Sure is a nice looking door but it took me 5 hours to install.

Karl Laustrup
11-30-2006, 2:01 PM
Oh, you would have to remind me of the impending holiday season. :o

Don't even have a clue as to what to get. It's even harder here cause LOML's B-Day is December 23rd. I've got to come up with two things. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Guess I'd better get to thinking. Maybe a lathe???? :confused: :D :D

Karl

Jim Bell
11-30-2006, 8:43 PM
I was gonna get my wife a toaster cover. Then she starts hinting around for a diamond necklace:eek: . Anyone know where I can get a $9.00 diamond?:D Really haven't decided yet but the diamond thing is probably gonna happen.
Jim