PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Ray Mighells
11-27-2006, 1:26 AM
Thank you all for looking at my pics. Seems that the marble engraving appeals to some you, I like them too and I thank Keith for refering the source for the patterns, also George Perzel for suggesting the black paint. I had been trying to stain the tile by sanding off the gloss and using analine dye and stamp pad ink for darkening the marble. A lot of work and not great success. I am pleased with lasering the paint off. I added 4 more pic the the PT album. I put them on top so you don't have to go through the whole thing. http://www.PictureTrail.com/razaxnstuff Thanks to everybody who has contributed to this forum. It is greatly appreciated

George M. Perzel
11-27-2006, 5:59 AM
Hi Ray;
Tiles really look great! Excellent work.
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Frank Corker
11-27-2006, 6:49 AM
Hi Ray,

You have some fantastic work there. I just love the big cats that you have done in the Bark Carving & Woodburning section. Where did you get the graphic for that one? Is it subject copywrite and/or are you willing to share it? Either way, outstanding stuff and your carvings are brilliant.

Frank

Luke Phillips
11-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Ray - Very impressive! Can you share some details on settings and Keith's source for the patterns?
Thanks!

Luke
A Stone Canvas
White Post VA

Keith Outten
11-27-2006, 12:16 PM
Ray,

Nice job on the marble tiles, I would have never dreamed of reverseing the graphic on black marble but the effect is stunning. Thanks for posting the pics, I know a lot of our Members will benefit from your tip.

Stone?

The Indian pictures Ray engraved came from;

http://www.tattoo-art.com

Check the engravers art section. If you scan this forum you will find a few free samples of the artwork from Tattoo-Arts web site.

I used to host the Tattoo-Art web site at Hampton Roads Online and I know Jim Crowe the owner of Tattoo art well. His site gets so many hits he has his own private server, at least he did when I hosted his site.

Ray Mighells
11-27-2006, 2:11 PM
Thanks again for your comments, makes my day to be able to contribute to this forum. My machine is Epilog Legend Mini 35W My settings were: 300DPI; 20% speed; 30 % power and 350 Freq.... Frank, the big cat family was burned by hand by my niece, (she does fabulous work and makes most of her own designs) I don't know where she got that pattern, but I'll ask and scan it in if I can. I changed the pictures in the album, they're a little better now. My thanks to all.

Frank Corker
11-27-2006, 6:19 PM
Thanks Ray, yes she does brilliant work